Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, November 7th 2010  (Read 1840 times)

NiceFish

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River, November 7th 2010
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »

Out today for what is most likely to be my last attempts after Coho in the Vedder this year. Water was up a bit and quite coloured up from the night but I was able to fish mostly alone all day long which was great (did a lot of exploring new areas). Visibility improved throughout the day....

Didn't encounter too many fish, lots of coloured up fish, and wow lots of decaying springs stacked up on the banks everywhere I went.

Fished in one spot that had me thinking "if I hook into a bigger fish here I am going to be hooped" sure enough , 3 casts later out rockets a beauty chrome bullet, easily in the 10 pound range, another jump into the main channel and shes gone just like that don't think I've seen my reel spin that fast all season, anyways wouldn't have had any chance to land her as I had about 5 feet to play with and fast current right on my toes....Ended up with a hatchery jack a little later and that was all she wrote for the activity....

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, November 7th 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 07:26:35 PM »

I gave the Chum Run a brief try this afternoon on the way to badminton and with the water tea coloured it was not to my liking , maybe tomorrow it will clear up some and there may be the odd bright fish around. Mostly likely the run is over for this year. The Master thinks so too as he was out Friday and where he found fish earlier in the week they were gone that day. He moved up to the Squished Tin and got one silver fish but it was un clipped. Time to wait for the steelhead now and of course it is more enjoyable time to fish with most of the TOW ers hanging up their rods for the Winter but of course they will surface later in the steelhead season when the fish stack up in the Lower River.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 07:48:28 PM »

Why haven't you given me a copy of your map with all your secret code names yet!?  ??? ;D

Oh, by the way I got into the fish at Purple Monkey Dishwasher run  ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 07:56:48 PM »

A map wouldn't do you any good. He changes the code names for each spot on a daily basis, even his fishing companions get confused. :P

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »

Just plant a gps tracker on him or something, hahahha

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 08:12:55 PM »

I know that purple monkey dishwasher but i will never tell  ;) LOL

but seriously who doesnt know where Squished Tin run is ???  :D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 08:23:10 PM »

I wanted to head out on my day off, picking up my fixed Centerpin rod tomorrow. I have to fish it...but where to go? Maybe northern systems...
Thanks for the report

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 05:03:50 AM »

I know that purple monkey dishwasher but i will never tell  ;) LOL

but seriously who doesnt know where Squished Tin run is ???  :D
The first spot I took Rodney to in 2002, he may have some pictures on a great day of fishing. Days like that on the Vedder are far between these days now. :(

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 07:44:47 AM »

Yeah - I remember the 2001 Vedder coho run when it was a fish on almost every cast...on the fly!  I thought that it couldn't get any easier, but the coho runs seemed to get a little smaller each year.  This year was the first I've seen great coho fishing since then!  I hope it lasts a little longer...