Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-tidal Fraser River, November 12th 2010  (Read 1780 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Non-tidal Fraser River, November 12th 2010
« on: November 12, 2010, 04:15:20 PM »

Well a friend of mine invited my son and I out for a day of sturgeon fishing out in his boat. Being that my son has never fought a sturgeon and he had no school today we jumped at the chance for him to try his hand at landing one. The day started with a chill in the air but it was dry so we did not mind it at all. The first hour saw a few bites but nothing was sticking. We moved around until we found the right spot  ;D . The first fish of the day measured in at 5'6"( pictures to follow as they will be e-mailed to me). The look on his face when it breached right beside the boat was priceless. The second and only other fish of the dasy was a little one of a few feet and he was happy to hold for a picture that did not require my help.

Here is a underwater pic of the one that was 5'6"

All in all it was a great day and he is already asking to go out again.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 04:23:55 PM by Geff_t »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

one more cast

Re: Non-tidal Fraser River, November 12th 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »

Well a friend of mine invited my son and I out for a day of sturgeon fishing out in his boat. Being that my son has never fought a sturgeon and he had no school today we jumped at the chance for him to try his hand at landing one. The day started with a chill in the air but it was dry so we did not mind it at all. The first hour saw a few bites but nothing was sticking. We moved around until we found the right spot  ;D . The first fish of the day measured in at 5'6"( pictures to follow as they will be e-mailed to me). The look on his face when it breached right beside the boat was priceless. The second and only other fish of the dasy was a little one of a few feet and he was happy to hold for a picture that did not require my help.

All in all it was a great day and he is already asking to go out again.

Here you go Geff ( your link was too long )

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs570.ash2/149223_493861919253_700254253_6976537_5768032_n.jpg

fishiotherapist

• Haneyphysiotherapyclinic
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 04:49:54 PM »

Congrats on your son Geff.
I bet he'll keep bugging you to go out again :)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »

Here is a picture of the 5'6" sturgeon from today

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 06:47:28 PM »

Here is a picture of the 5'6" sturgeon from today

Hey that fish is over 1' longer than the one I caught a few weeks ago, and he and I probably weigh the same. ;D

Look at that smile. ;)

bluenoser

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 10:44:23 AM »

Awesome smiles...you just cemented the coolest dad ever position with your son. 

ahans

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 09:31:54 PM »

priceless  :)