Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226489 times)

penn

According to the graph it came up 10 centimeters late in the day and has dropped half of that already . It may have chalked up at Borden Creek at 2 pm but by the time I was finished just before noon the water did have about 2 feet at the Crossing . But don't believe me , I'll can just go back to keeping info to myself . I live pretty close to the river and see it all the time .

http://www.wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/graph/graph_e.html?stn=08MH001
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:42:00 AM by penn »

HOOK

• Old Timer

I fished until 1:30pm yesterday and our last spot of the day was mid river and the water was avery nice 3foot average visibility. was even better in the lower first thing in the morning. The rain really started coming down around 1pm and you could literally watch the water get worse every few minutes.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

vancook

• Old Timer

I checked the graph last night.'worked til midnight so sleeping in today was worth it lol. Resting up for Monday :D

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!

I fished until 1:30pm yesterday and our last spot of the day was mid river and the water was avery nice 3foot average visibility. was even better in the lower first thing in the morning. The rain really started coming down around 1pm and you could literally watch the water get worse every few minutes.

Ain't that the truth?

penn

Drove to the Crossing and it looks like it's improved quite a bit today from what it was reported to have looked like late yesterday . Weather looks good today , should be good tomorrow.

Jace

Heard the River was looking good today, just wondering if it will be blown out Wednesday after the 20-30mm rain forecasted for tonight/tomorrow.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Heard the River was looking good today, just wondering if it will be blown out Wednesday after the 20-30mm rain forecasted for tonight/tomorrow.
Yes, it will be I would try a smaller system.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

The River was toast around 1pm today, Puking from Borden down. Tamahi was at 6 inch vis when I left around 4:30... But water levels seemed to have stayed the same, If it stops raining it should clean up quick.
The Bigger The Better!

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Its gonna be iffy looked at the weather for chilliwack, and 20mm of rain from tonight to tommorow night then start turning to snow for a couple days and saturday sunny. The cold weather should inproves vis alot. River should be back into shape by wednsday or thursday
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water looked good today but did not fish as have a nasty cold.

Clarki Hunter

Hopefully you get the "light" version of the cold that's going around.  It's just some congestion and a cough.  The other version is not so much fun and lasts a few weeks.  Hope your feeling better soon.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Hopefully you get the "light" version of the cold that's going around.  It's just some congestion and a cough.  The other version is not so much fun and lasts a few weeks.  Hope your feeling better soon.
I have had the light version for 3 months now  :P It starts gettin better then you go fishing or whatever and u gots a runny nose again

azafai

Any recent report about the river condition??
Thanks.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

Water was clear yesterday evening so it's probably unchanged today. No rain here....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Crazy hard pounding wind, snow and rain yesterday late in the evening. Did it affect the water?
The Bigger The Better!