Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226580 times)

patagonia

fished mid river today... vis was great in the morning about 2-3 feet... by afternoon it had started to color. Tomorrow should be good if not lower the upper should be fishable... might be the last day for a bit with the weather coming!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was still fishable this am but is 12 degrees now, snow melt on thew way?

nickredway

• Old Timer

Anyone know what it was like at the end of the day? Thinking of heading up again tomorrow.

kingpin

• Old Timer

maybe a foot....if it rains more i doubt fishable...
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

nickredway

• Old Timer

Thanks KP!

penn

It really clouded up at the end of the day , but the graph shows a rise and then over night dropping back down so you might be okay .

nickredway

• Old Timer

Thanks, going to slay some trout instead.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

hey guys was supposed to go to the river, but didnt cus a walkout protest was on at school today  ;D so does anyone have a vis report? i checked the gauge waters low under 2m  :)
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache

hey guys was supposed to go to the river, but didnt cus a walkout protest was on at school today  ;D so does anyone have a vis report? i checked the gauge waters low under 2m  :)

vis shoudlnt be too bad right now, its raining up here right now but not pouring and might let up for tomorrow morning/afternoon. will probably be a bit clouded tomo but fisheable.
A swung fly is the best fly.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

vis shoudlnt be too bad right now, its raining up here right now but not pouring and might let up for tomorrow morning/afternoon. will probably be a bit clouded tomo but fisheable.
thanks  :)
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

ChumChaser

How was it looking out there today?

hue-nut

• Old Timer

How was it looking out there today?

some would say too colored others would say mint, 18"-2' were I was fishing

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

water was good above old prison camp belowe it was dirty. Above the prision vis was about 3 feet and more. waters very low but lots of fish :) i landed 2 lost a few more ad my dad landed 2 today saw more caught and heard of lots but almost all wilds.

Kereszturi

We were out today with many other guys. We didn't and and saw no one else  catching anything. We heard one was caught but who knows if that was true. I don't know how its possible to have lots of fish one day and nothing the next. BTW the water is really low and clear.

Sandman

• Old Timer

I had my 10 year old daughter out flicking flies this morning.  We did not catch any fish either, although I had a couple of tugs.  We headed to the Show afterward and she did not get one there either.  They should have let her use flies.  I had her casting in the Sage casting pool and she definitely has the form down.  Took her over to the archery range and she popped the cobra right in the nose.  A regular sharp shooter.  Dropped her off at 3 and headed down to watch the Giants get shellacked by the Americans.  At least the Canucks won in Anaheim.  Quite a full day.
Not all those who wander are lost