Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226615 times)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season

nothing worse than driving an hour and a half to a blown out river.

HOOK

• Old Timer

I wouldnt mind knowing what the river looks like so i can plan where to go tomorrow
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

GENERAL-SHERMAN

yesterday morning I had a look and limit had 6-12 inches of vis.... its been pouring all day out in chilliwack. id try the stave or chehalis maybe :-\
even tho the graph looked okay it was not even really fishable ....i might check tonight to see if conditions have improved.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:14:00 PM by GENERAL-SHERMAN »

Every Day

• Old Timer

Yea I wouldn't waste your time.
I live 5 mins walking from the river and I won't even go take a look at the upper because it's inevitable that it's out.
Hell even the LAKE I went to yesterday only had 1 foot of visibility.

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache

upper actually wasnt too bad this morning, not ideal conditions but fisheable
A swung fly is the best fly.

strobes

went to hopedale hole this morning and vis was maybe a foot.
<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

1son

To anyone who lives near by or has a report on the river do you think it's gonna be fishable tomorrow or blown out? Not sure if I should give it a try or wait a few days thanx

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

To anyone who lives near by or has a report on the river do you think it's gonna be fishable tomorrow or blown out? Not sure if I should give it a try or wait a few days thanx
fairly cool tonight and snow level down a bit. Saw rods fishing the Lower this morning and it did not look too bad.

Sandman

• Old Timer

It was great conditions in the upper at Borden, but no fish.  The lower looked pretty cloudy so I headed over to the Stave.  Had a good evening rise happen around 7 pm, nice size trout rising all around me, had a couple of nibbles but no takers.  Some guy got a couple of steelhead though, according to the fellas locking up the gates.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:44:36 AM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost

Toprod

Drove by  the Crossing at about 6 water looked greenish with a bit of a tinge but very fishable.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Fished for 2 hours this morning under ideal condition. Maple Leaf Drennan did not go down but an angler caught a fish where I had fished 30 minutes before. ??? Not a lot of anglers out in the Lower, for a Sunday.

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache

water was awesome below allison, saw a few guys on the other side but no fish  :(. water was also dece around train bridge
A swung fly is the best fly.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

water was really nice from the prision up. only had 3 hours and from a bit above borden to thurston only 1 bite but saw one taken at first light, then fished a smaller side section that no one ever fishs and landed 2 lost another and caught a white fish  ;D vis was like 4 feetish with a green colour, but im not great at telling vis but very fishable and its been dropping good, lots of fresh fish in right now.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

steelie slayer
fished a smaller side section that no one ever fishs and landed 2 lost another and caught a white fish   
  ???were you fishing above the boundry because im pretty sure that whole river gets pounded all year ::)

Justin

How is the lower river looking today?