Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226209 times)

steve B

did you see alot of people on the river while you were out?

Fisherama

Great day to be out, but lots of people as expected.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

did you see alot of people on the river while you were out?
River was alive, with anglers. :o ;D

ribolovac02

"TRIED" fishing the lower but gave up very fast becouse of the crowds and moved up river,to put things in perspective 15 minutes after first light when i looked up and down river i counted over 40 people in sight. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

"TRIED" fishing the lower but gave up very fast becouse of the crowds and moved up river,to put things in perspective 15 minutes after first light when i looked up and down river i counted over 40 people in sight. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
It may slacken off a bit after tomorrow. :-\

ribolovac02

Then will start slaying the lower lol ;)

Steelhead Fever

HaHa Chris was rite the river was full of anglers, I was one of them Sun,Jan2nd The conditions were beautifull Fished the upper for 5hrs lots of guys, also I agree after today being Monday alot of us go back to work.
Fished about 5times on the chilliwack in last month and I havent even gots 1 bite lol?
I know you guys put in your time and get fish, but its kinda hard to believe some of these guys say 2nd trip.... 2nd fish,or 5th time out 5th fish landed lol, how they do that?
Thanks to this site for all the info you guys provide on conditions, fish caught, general etiquettes on the river I learned lots of good stuff from here.
Good luck to all, tight lines everyone.

Fisherama

HaHa Chris was rite the river was full of anglers, I was one of them Sun,Jan2nd The conditions were beautifull Fished the upper for 5hrs lots of guys, also I agree after today being Monday alot of us go back to work.
Fished about 5times on the chilliwack in last month and I havent even gots 1 bite lol?
I know you guys put in your time and get fish, but its kinda hard to believe some of these guys say 2nd trip.... 2nd fish,or 5th time out 5th fish landed lol, how they do that?
Thanks to this site for all the info you guys provide on conditions, fish caught, general etiquettes on the river I learned lots of good stuff from here.

I hooked 3 fish/landed 1 on my first trip and haven't touched anything now in 3 trips, might not hook another for a while.  That's how this game is played and I wouldn't have it any other way ;D.  It's masochistic in a way... Every lost fish is replayed in my mind about 1000 times; my work suffers because of it.  I probably speak for everyone here when I say that people who don't fish, and even some that do, just don't understand.  They'll think you're crazy for working so hard at something that apparently gives so little back... but we all know better.   

NiceFish

• Old Timer

I hooked one in my first 30 minutes, have since gone about 10 hours without anything

work2fish

You should be skeptical when people say 5th trip 5th fish... there always seem to be lots of fish hooked, especially when no one is looking ;)   With some people it may be legit when they say hooked four landed two today, though with most a "hooked" usually means bottom, and landed usually means hooked for 10 seconds before it shook the hook, and caught means they fought it long enough to see it was a fish before they lost it.  ;)

DionJL

• Old Timer

You should be skeptical when people say 5th trip 5th fish... there always seem to be lots of fish hooked, especially when no one is looking ;)   With some people it may be legit when they say hooked four landed two today, though with most a "hooked" usually means bottom, and landed usually means hooked for 10 seconds before it shook the hook, and caught means they fought it long enough to see it was a fish before they lost it.  ;)
Well I went 3 trips 3 fish (with pictures of each) and now I've gone two trips with nothing. Sometimes it's luck, sometimes it's skill.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties

Ya gotta be good to be lucky.........and ...........Ya gotta be lucky to be good.  ;)  ;)

If you catch a fish, your doing something right, no questioning that  ;D

azafai

I don't reject above post here but with so many good fishermen on the river and yet so less fish in the river you need to be more in lucky side.

younggun

• Old Timer

so.....wats the water look like?
Fish killer 101

fyrslyer

so.....wats the water look like?

clear
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 47