Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226197 times)

brysonk

which sections of the river would be best to fish tomorrow? Not looking for any specific spots just a general direction. I really need to land my first steelhead. Last weekend I fought and landed a nice hatchery doe but when I bent over to grab her my mainline caught my jacket zipper and broke. I cried as the fish looked at me mockingly and swam away. Friday I fished all day long, had one bite, one hookup and my leader snapped 30 sec into the fight. So tonight I re-spooled, re-tied all my leaders with new line and I'm heading out tomorrow. Wish me luck  :-\

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

which sections of the river would be best to fish tomorrow? Not looking for any specific spots just a general direction. I really need to land my first steelhead. Last weekend I fought and landed a nice hatchery doe but when I bent over to grab her my mainline caught my jacket zipper and broke. I cried as the fish looked at me mockingly and swam away. Friday I fished all day long, had one bite, one hookup and my leader snapped 30 sec into the fight. So tonight I re-spooled, re-tied all my leaders with new line and I'm heading out tomorrow. Wish me luck  :-\

Sounds like you know what section to fish......

Problem is you need some advice on how to land a fish...... ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

which sections of the river would be best to fish tomorrow? Not looking for any specific spots just a general direction. I really need to land my first steelhead. Last weekend I fought and landed a nice hatchery doe but when I bent over to grab her my mainline caught my jacket zipper and broke. I cried as the fish looked at me mockingly and swam away. Friday I fished all day long, had one bite, one hookup and my leader snapped 30 sec into the fight. So tonight I re-spooled, re-tied all my leaders with new line and I'm heading out tomorrow. Wish me luck  :-\
If you have hooked two fish this early in the season you obviously have chosen the right spots to fish. Took me three years to land my first so just keep plugging away ;)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

brysonk

Yeah maybe need some advice on how to land a steelhead. I think excitment had a lot to do with my failed attempts. Just get a littlle flustered when I see that beautiful silver fish at the end of my line. We'll see how tomorrow goes...

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Beginners luck?  ;D I would have to say thats really lucky to have that kind of day in December. I hear most people go for a long streak before they get there first, not the case for you...
The Bigger The Better!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Recent reports have been moved to the fishing reports section.

fishbuster

Any reports on water conditions this evening. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Any reports on water conditions this evening. 
We have had a bit of rain today in the Valley but the snow level was down on the hillls. Toss up for tomorrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Not much rain overnight.

coho killer

rivers is in nice shape this morning.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

rivers is in nice shape this morning.
Just going out to catch my first of the season before the river goes out as the rain has now started in earnest.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was nice this afternoon but was showing color when I left at 3:30. The steady rain is starting to do the damage.

vancook

• Old Timer

Fingers crossed for decent river condition for Sunday or Monday. My only days off and I've roe bags and cured bugs sitting in the fridge ready to go

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The Lower is unfishable this morning according to a report I just received.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Thanks Chris, Still debating wheather to get out there after breakfast, or stay home and eat all day. :P
The Bigger The Better!