Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226239 times)

vancook

• Old Timer

Stoked for my first trip tomorrow. Finally get to fish my pin after waiting for warranty on my rod during the fall. Most difficult decision is where to start first tomorrow morning

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Stoked for my first trip tomorrow. Finally get to fish my pin after waiting for warranty on my rod during the fall. Most difficult decision is where to start first tomorrow morning
From just above the Crossing and then down, dress warmly as it will be very chilly first thing as well the NE wind will be blowing in the Lower. I am going to start much later when everyone is frozen and gone home. ;D ;D

Hope you get one on your outing, you will enjoy the pin I am sure.

vancook

• Old Timer

From just above the Crossing and then down, dress warmly as it will be very chilly first thing as well the NE wind will be blowing in the Lower. I am going to start much later when everyone is frozen and gone home. ;D ;D

I will definately be bundled up for the chilly day. Get to enjoy my islander and retire my super silex :D
Thanks for the well wishes

work2fish

It was really nasty with that wind yesterday, but there still seemed to be no lack of people out on the river. You'd almost think there were still coho in for the amount of guys out. ;)

sugartooth

I was thinking about heading out tomorrow before the snow starts to fly. Does any one have a water condition report from today?

vancook

• Old Timer

I was thinking about heading out tomorrow before the snow starts to fly. Does any one have a water condition report from today?
River has come down and the water a nice green colour. It was freezing cold today. Had my eyelets filling with ice and had my reel freeze up. I didn't see anyone else on the river until after 9am and even so very few anglers. It's slippery out there so be careful, I'll post a photo of the river from the crossing when I get a chance

vancook

• Old Timer

today around 12pm

Instant freezing as soon as you step out of the water

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Drifting snow now here in Chilliwack.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

About 10 inches of snow this morning but has warmed up now with light rain.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The melt is on with a warm West wind now.

abito

• my gallery

how does the water look?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

how does the water look?

Sorry I did not get a look at it yesterday but will later today.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Pouring rain now. If the river is not out now one would think it will be soon.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

just checked at lickman road 1.5 to 2 feet of gray green vis. will be out by 12ish

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

just checked at lickman road 1.5 to 2 feet of gray green vis. will be out by 12ish
Darn and I was just going, serves me right for not getting there sooner, getting lazy in my golden years. :-\ :(