Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226248 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Yes! hoping tommorow no blow out.
Thx for updates chris.
Should be OK if it does not rain although heavy rain warning in the forcast. It feels like Spring out there now as quite mild with most of the snow now gone. I also noticed my wife's daffodils starting to emerge.

Will give another update later on if I get out for another look, may take the rod too. ;D ;D

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Just took a look at the river and it has now improved from yesterday to around 1 foot of visibility.
Thanks! sounds alot better hows the weather?
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks! sounds alot better hows the weather?
Mild, no wind and dry so far today.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Mild, no wind and dry so far today.
I know you said its clearing but is it dropping much :-\
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I know you said its clearing but is it dropping much :-\
Not much, keep an eye on the river gauge at Vedder Crossing.

http://www.wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/graph/graph_e.html?stn=08MH001

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heading out now for a couple of hours, back by 4 for the hockey game. Maybe back sooner if I find a fish. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Made a quick trip to the Lower and found the river visibility about 14 inches. Water high but is dropping. Saw 5 other anglers and one chap said he lost one.

All I found was a Drennan, a no 3 piker, 20 gram. ;D ;D

GENERAL-SHERMAN

just drove out for a look.... 12 inches around the crossing... river is huge but no debris floating down or anything... suppose to have 40-45  mm overnight and 60 by tomorrow morning i wont be fishing and i dont expect even 12 of vis.

penn

Should be at least another week before it starts coming in shape again , that is if it doesn't rain heavy for to long .But lots of rain in the forecast , so maybe a couple of weeks ?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

Should be at least another week before it starts coming in shape again , that is if it doesn't rain heavy for to long .But lots of rain in the forecast , so maybe a couple of weeks ?

Good report penn!........    that should keep em off the river!  ;D  ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

joska

• Old Timer

was out on the river this afternoon for three hours. fishes a few runs in the upper section was a foggy day, and the water wasn't bad about 12"visibility. and the rain started as the light disappeared.
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

GENERAL-SHERMAN

checked out the upper last night and the river was 3.5 maybe 4 up top and 2.5-3 feet above the anderson and tolmie slides. went out this morn and the river was up at least a foot at the crossing...not a good sign. drove up top to find it was completely blown and way up. drove back down to lickman just to see how high the lower was from when i checked a few days ago and it was full of debris with 10-15  foot logs and roots floating down.... whole new river on its way ;D

searay85

• photobucket

this is the river this morning at 10 am

dennyman

• Old Timer

Thanks for the pic.  However, it never ceases to amaze me when the river is  a rising, boiling mass of water that is cutting away river banks, and sweeping trees into it, that people park their vehicles right beside it...... ???

Steelhead Fever

Searay85 thanks for the pic, I was gonna go this morning but with the rain lst night n high water figured it would be blown out.
That picture gots brown water ahgggg.
Ill have to wait till next weekend weather permiting.
I so got the itch to catch a fish glad I didnt go today if the rivers like that lol.
Sure makes me apreciate the water being lower n crystal clear.