Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226330 times)

GENERAL-SHERMAN

more for me ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Can't catch fish when he spends all day on the couch and Facebook, like me.
I made it out and got some lessons from the Master, success soon to follow. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:09:21 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Reports coming in river visibility about a foot and getting worse which is no surprise because of the heavy rain overnight and today.

CohoMan

• Old Timer

Everytime that I am ready to go out, the river is either blown or too high. I took a week off last week and wasted my days off!!!!!!
The fish god must hate me!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:20:17 PM by CohoMan »

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

i hope the rain holds off and dosent blow the river out for sunday, need to get out there :P lol dont wanna wake up again at 5:30 am to do a 75min drive just to find out the river is basiclly flooding and mud  >:(
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

NiceFish

• Old Timer

you tell 'em

ribolovac02

i hope the rain holds off and dosent blow the river out for sunday, need to get out there :P lol dont wanna wake up again at 5:30 am to do a 75min drive just to find out the river is basiclly flooding and mud  >:(
Than you re think,and make a nother or a nother short drive and just keep fishing, couse there is other options than the vedder,and its not just one river there is a few. ;) ;D

fishbuster

Not to put a damper on your weekend fishing, I might be looking at some other options this weekend.  I had the whole week off and didn't get out once.  I see the river has come up again.  Might take a few days still to clear.  More rain forcast for Monday.  When will it end. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Lower visibility 6 inches at dark.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Than you re think,and make a nother or a nother short drive and just keep fishing, couse there is other options than the vedder,and its not just one river there is a few. ;) ;D
lol i know just its the closest river that produces, and 90% of the time i get one  :) but always catch and release, Ill probly be going just cus, and my dad already booked the day off and he hasnt gotten a steelie in 3 years :P i think hes tired of seeing me catch em
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

Steelhead Fever

Haha I know the feeling Coho man and Steelie-slayer youre not alone.
I havent been fishing for 2weeks cuz that rain warning and snow and more rain. grrrrrr
Im jonesin to go fishing I gots shrimp, worms, jigs, wool, spoons, almost everything?
As soon as it clears up for a day or 2 maybe 3 BAM! heavy rain and snow.
Big thanks to Chris and the guys who post a pic of the river from time to time saves us driving out there to find choclate milkshake rapids.
The weather will get better and think how many fish are in that river now hehe, more fish than anglers.
Cant wait till she improves.
Its gonna be sweet! glad to know I aint the only one that wants to fish really bad.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Haha I know the feeling Coho man and Steelie-slayer youre not alone.
I havent been fishing for 2weeks cuz that rain warning and snow and more rain. grrrrrr
Im jonesin to go fishing I gots shrimp, worms, jigs, wool, spoons, almost everything?
As soon as it clears up for a day or 2 maybe 3 BAM! heavy rain and snow.
Big thanks to Chris and the guys who post a pic of the river from time to time saves us driving out there to find choclate milkshake rapids.
The weather will get better and think how many fish are in that river now hehe, more fish than anglers.
Cant wait till she improves.
Its gonna be sweet! glad to know I aint the only one that wants to fish really bad.

i think everyone wants to get out there ;D I havnt been out in 3 weeks :( Damn i cant wait till i get my licenece  ::) only one month left
and yes the river is loaded with fish right now, my dads buddy was up where borden creek and the chilliwack meet and he hooked 10 steels,and landed 7 of em there in like a hour or 2 this morning, but then got a 17 lb beauty hatch and then went to the challis  :o and said its worse so came home, he figures sunday will be decent up top if it dosent warm up alot to melt the snow in the mountains

tumbleweed

i think everyone wants to get out there ;D I havnt been out in 3 weeks :( Damn i cant wait till i get my licenece  ::) only one month left
and yes the river is loaded with fish right now, my dads buddy was up where borden creek and the chilliwack meet and he hooked 10 steels,and landed 7 of em there in like a hour or 2 this morning, but then got a 17 lb beauty hatch and then went to the challis  :o and said its worse so came home, he figures sunday will be decent up top if it dosent warm up alot to melt the snow in the mountains
why would he leave the Vedder if he hooked 10 steelhead in a hour or two?  ???

Every Day

• Old Timer

I hope you know that if you retain a steelhead on the Vedder you must stop fishing.

Regional daily quota is 2 (hatchery fish)...
Vedder limit is 1, other rivers also have a 1 fish limit. As long as you can prove your fish is from a diff system you can keep fishing a separate one.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

hey guys hows the river looking today