Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226372 times)

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Rumor has it you were seen above the Tamahi today? ???

Chris I spotted some heavy appliances disgared on the backside of osbourne road. I also found found another dumpsite just above Tamahi bridge, It looked like someone threw out a child day care, all baby related things. Ill post a pictures sometime.
You found lots of furniture, how about fish?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Rumor has it you were seen above the Tamahi today? ???

Chris I spotted some heavy appliances disgared on the backside of osbourne road. I also found found another dumpsite just above Tamahi bridge, It looked like someone threw out a child day care, all baby related things. Ill post a pictures sometime.
Did not fish today. Thanks for the info on the garbage, we will get it on our first cleanup in April. I cleaned up a pile of garbage in the middle of the road just above the Hydro Bridge after church today. It was spread all over the road, no one had bothered to pick it up and were just driving over it. ??? People were laughing at me picking it up in my church clothes. ;D

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

O yeah its a lil better!
Thanks Chris for the report and thx to freds for the picture.
Its good enough for me to fish, it may not be the best but its fishable.
Steelie slayer sounds like your going too haha good luck bud.
O I cant wait im pre spun and ready for 1st cast.
Good luck to all who go out tommorow!
yup went out full dayer 8-5 lol caught 2 wilds , lost 2 more fish and caught a nice fat trout and white fish :) round borden to ranger run is a gong show of people, water vis was bout 2 feet and at cement slab water vis was about 4 feet :) at crossing bridge still almost no visiblity tho. saw 7 other fish caught including 3 for brood stock , all in all a good day
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

1son

Hey guys I guess you can say I'm fairly new to the fishing game  had fished as a kid with my dad but just recently got back into it with all the nice fishing we've had lately like the sockeye run we;D.....I've only tried fishing the vedder a hand full of times last year since the salmon run and man i gotta say its pretty tough out there lotta people some good some bad with no manners and attitudes and some that are very helpful i guess it kinda comes with the territory lol but been chasing these silver bullets(steelhead) for sometime and no luck have yet to try the vedder again soon but with all this crazy weather and plus the 80min drive anyway just wanna give a shout out to all my fellow fishermen to keep up the good work and hope to cya out on the river soon

ribolovac02

Did not fish today. Thanks for the info on the garbage, we will get it on our first cleanup in April. I cleaned up a pile of garbage in the middle of the road just above the Hydro Bridge after church today. It was spread all over the road, no one had bothered to pick it up and were just driving over it. ??? People were laughing at me picking it up in my church clothes. ;D

Your a good soul Chris,pritty soon some good karma will come your way,maybe  a 20lb+ you never know ;D

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Hey guys I guess you can say I'm fairly new to the fishing game  had fished as a kid with my dad but just recently got back into it with all the nice fishing we've had lately like the sockeye run we;D.....I've only tried fishing the vedder a hand full of times last year since the salmon run and man i gotta say its pretty tough out there lotta people some good some bad with no manners and attitudes and some that are very helpful i guess it kinda comes with the territory lol but been chasing these silver bullets(steelhead) for sometime and no luck have yet to try the vedder again soon but with all this crazy weather and plus the 80min drive anyway just wanna give a shout out to all my fellow fishermen to keep up the good work and hope to cya out on the river soon
If your really set on catching a steelhead , cement slab always is holding fish plus waters alot cleaner, just a busy run. The trick to being succsefull in the steelhead game is cover lots of water, and watch other guys to see where there getting fish because steelies will often sit there, and just watch to see if they miss any spots, and if it you want to fish it just fish something diffrent then what they were using, it may be chanllenging for a newbee but once u find a fish you will start to develop you own little route which u will know like the back of your hand and almost always get into some steel  ;D

good luck and tight lines been a good season so far
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Your a good soul Chris,pritty soon some good karma will come your way,maybe  a 20lb+ you never know ;D
when you get that 20+lber you better be holding on,its the fight of your life,
 caught a 23 lber,  4 years ago was only 11 years old , haave pics also

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

when you get that 20+lber you better be holding on,its the fight of your life,
 caught a 23 lber,  4 years ago was only 11 years old , haave pics also

Well lets see :) Was it a Vedder fish?
The Bigger The Better!

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Well lets see :) Was it a Vedder fish?
yes it was, a big old coloured buck, and ill try to dont even know if the camrea works anymore its been frozen and wet many times

hue-nut

• Old Timer

yes it was, a big old coloured buck, and ill try to dont even know if the camrea works anymore its been frozen and wet many times

damn cameras, never seem to be able to work when you really need them to.  :P

water was decent today, was able to fish some pretty nice runs with artificials due to the fact that I forgot my my bait box on the kitchen counter

1son

If your really set on catching a steelhead , cement slab always is holding fish plus waters alot cleaner, just a busy run. The trick to being succsefull in the steelhead game is cover lots of water, and watch other guys to see where there getting fish because steelies will often sit there, and just watch to see if they miss any spots, and if it you want to fish it just fish something diffrent then what they were using, it may be chanllenging for a newbee but once u find a fish you will start to develop you own little route which u will know like the back of your hand and almost always get into some steel  ;D

good luck and tight lines been a good season so far

Hey thanx for the helpful tips steelie-slayer hopefully the weather clears up this weekend been itching to get myself 1 of these river monsters can't wait to get on the water

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Hey thanx for the helpful tips steelie-slayer hopefully the weather clears up this weekend been itching to get myself 1 of these river monsters can't wait to get on the water
ya no problem
upper river (past borden creek) was in decent shape today, and cement slab was almost ideal. saw 7 fish landed and 2 of my own. Best bet would be during the week when its less busy because you can expermient with diffrent baits and such and explore the river more and cover lots of water fast. But I know how hard this can be for most of us with work, and school  >:( and btw today I found ghost shrimp to work prety well

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Just had a look at the crossing and with all the rain we had overnight the lower is out!More rain in the forecast for today! :( ???

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Just had a look at the crossing and with all the rain we had overnight the lower is out!More rain in the forecast for today! :( ???
oh thats like a punch in the stomach cus it was actually starting to clear and drop finally, now really who knows when the rivers gonna be back to normal  :(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

oh thats like a punch in the stomach cus it was actually starting to clear and drop finally, now really who knows when the rivers gonna be back to normal  :(
Might be a while as the high water has probably disturbed the clay slides once again. :(