Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226377 times)

1son

Wow that's pretty ruthless dumping all that trash some people are just careless no respect for the environment please report if u see any1 doin this kinda damage to our rivers they should be jailed  >:(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Wow that's pretty ruthless dumping all that trash some people are just careless no respect for the environment please report if u see any1 doin this kinda damage to our rivers they should be jailed  >:(
It always is so disturbing to see this as well so many people continue to abuse out environment in so many ways. No wonder the world is going down hill and we humans are to blame for most of it.

milo

• Old Timer

No wonder the world is going down hill and we humans are to blame for most of it.

Always makes me remember Agent Smith in the movie Matrix:

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet."

I don't think Mother Nature is going to put up with us much longer. We are long overdue for a major 'adjustment'. Hopefully, it will start by removing those who dump garbage around and their next of kin.

drh

I was up River Saturday checking out some of the cleaner water runs,and it looks like the start of this clay mess is coming from the old ranger area where about a third of the flow is back against the clay bank again..I bumped into Chris further down river while we were chatting we watched a guy hook into 2 fish in consecutive casts.1st fish he lost 2nd he dragged 3 or 4 feet up onto the beach before he could identify if it was a wild or a hatch[It better be a Hatch]Chris said and luckily for the guy it was too.The river was cleaning up a Tad by the end of the day too.

work2fish

I was out this morning, until I was finally chased away by the rain.  River was very dirty, and even saw a few small trees float by with practically no visibility by noon. Water is almost back up to what it was on the 20th, and still on the rise last time I checked.

Steelhead Fever

Thanks for posting the pix, where is it exactly as I think we should pick it all up before it gets washed down river with the next high water? Can you get it or I will if I get a good location of it.
Heya Chris and others the location of that mess is just up past the tamihi bridge on the left side, not rite where there is camping with 1 or 2 outhouses its 200ft up from there.
The only problem its a steep 20ft drop down, very dangerous I was gonna go down and get it all and pile it up on the side of the road but I woulda slid down there and not be able to get back up.
We need a rope and 2guys, one down below to tie and the other to drag up.
Yeah its that steep, the junk isnt that close to river its actually up higher so it will prob stay for awhile.
I really wanted to clean it up but I was by myself and it wasnt do able its dangerous be carefull.
The next time I go there ill find a way to get that junk up somehow, if someone else doesnt pile it up on the side of road 1st.
Theres a few garbage bags down there too, I wouldnt mind dropping it off at buddys house if we get an address?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks, if you can not find someone to help you when you are in the area next time let us know.

Steelhead Fever

ok will do thx.

wizard

Isn't the city responsible to clean this kind of stuff up?  Maybe police to investigate?
Cause if it weren't for good samaritans, how would the garbage ever get cleaned up? And yes, cleaning this garbage is not a one man job.

I walked through this garbage yesterday, and my guess is there was probably a good amount that had been thrown into the river besides the stuff on the bank.  Hopefully karma catches up with this type of scum.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

I thought this thread was about water conditions ??? I had a look this morning at the crossing and visibilty was maybe 12 in at most.Noticed a few anglers ,mostly fishing in Sweltzer Creek. >:(

armytruck

• Old Timer

So , having said all  that . Anyone know what the water conditions are like today  ???
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

armytruck

• Old Timer

Thanks Dennis.t  ;D

kispiox

was out on the river last light the river is still really ugly. oh well maybe next time!  :-\

armytruck

• Old Timer

Water level above Slesse Creek is @ 1.4 meters right about now . At the Vedder Crossing is 2.53 meters right about now . How clear is , is a whole different story  :P .
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:29:21 PM by armytruck »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I was out today, report under fishing reports, visibility around 18 inches.