Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226465 times)

1son

Hey does any1 have water conditions for today thanx

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Hey does any1 have water conditions for today thanx
Conditions improving every day. Reports of some good catches, there must have been as I even hooked one again today as I lost my second in as many days. ::)

1son

Conditions improving every day. Reports of some good catches, there must have been as I even hooked one again today as I lost my second in as many days. ::)

Right on more fish to come thanx for the report can't wait to get out there this sunday gonna be nice and bright tight lines every1 :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Rodney and I found water conditions satisfactory today for a full day of steelhead fishing with a more detailed report if time permits under fishing reports. ;D :)

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

freds weighed in 11 steelheads today and it said about a foot and half at the crossing, didnt get out today but am going saturday and sunday :)
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

There was more fish weighted in.... Its a beast ;D
The Bigger The Better!

penn

Yes there was ... and I was a happy contributor to that list . Nice 10+ lb doe.  :)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Rodney and I found water conditions satisfactory today for a full day of steelhead fishing with a more detailed report if time permits under fishing reports. ;D :)

Now thats not nice Chris, leaving us all hanging like that and teasing us  ;D Searun and I hope to be out your way for the weekend so hopfully we will run into you so I can give you a couple of those cork floats.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Now thats not nice Chris, leaving us all hanging like that and teasing us  ;D Searun and I hope to be out your way for the weekend so hopfully we will run into you so I can give you a couple of those cork floats.
Nearly done the report. ;D

Stuart Dickinson

First time steelheading today.  Caught my first steelhead this morning on a fly I tied myself - 10 minutes in and halfway through my first run, about a 10lb hatch.  Tried to do the elegant thing and land it with the net but it spat the hook at my feet while halfway out of the net and took off.  No more action for the rest of the day until I went back to the same spot about 3:30, and picked up this hatchery buck.  Didn't mess about with this one and got it straight onto the bank!!!!

Weighed it at Freds was 6.95lbs so not a huge one, but happy to have been so lucky on my first trip, and pleasantly surprised that you can catch steelhead on a single hander with a $40 type 6 sink-tip!

abito

• my gallery

good job!

1son

First time steelheading today.  Caught my first steelhead this morning on a fly I tied myself - 10 minutes in and halfway through my first run, about a 10lb hatch.  Tried to do the elegant thing and land it with the net but it spat the hook at my feet while halfway out of the net and took off.  No more action for the rest of the day until I went back to the same spot about 3:30, and picked up this hatchery buck.  Didn't mess about with this one and got it straight onto the bank!!!!

Weighed it at Freds was 6.95lbs so not a huge one, but happy to have been so lucky on my first trip, and pleasantly surprised that you can catch steelhead on a single hander with a $40 type 6 sink-tip!

That's awesome good job man hopefully my luck is as good as yours have yet to catch one of these monsters on my first outting to the vedder this sunday

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Nice looking fish.Lots of spots! I see the flow has silted right up tonight with only a few inchs of visibilty because of the rain.The last few hrs of daylight it got really bad.Sorry weekend guys who were planning on fishing the lower tomorrow.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions were good this morning and I blew 4 chances. Slipped out tonight and the water conditions got progressively worse as darkness came. We had an afternoon of heavy rain.

bigblue

• Old Timer

Fished all day near the Peach Road area.
Fishing in early to mid morning was not bad with some action around, with water visibility at around 2 feet.
Almost no action in the afternoon as visibility dropped to less than 1 feet when I left at 4:30 PM.