Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226467 times)

armytruck

• Old Timer

Fished up top today and the water was gin clear . Moved down to Allisons pool and the water was lime green . Went further down to Tamahi and the water was grey . We went back up . Had a nice hookup fishing the pockets and after a short 20 second burst of speed up river the steel broke lose . Still , it made my  day  8) . The snow was coming down quite heavily a better part of the afternoon up top .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

GENERAL-SHERMAN

tried going out this afternoon around the crossing fished for 2 hrs... vis appeared to be around 8 inches when i left before dark. might try up top tomorrow!

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

tried going out this afternoon around the crossing fished for 2 hrs... vis appeared to be around 8 inches when i left before dark. might try up top tomorrow!
yes the upper is you best bet, above allison pools, and when u get to thurston medows the water starts loosing the green colour and going crystal clear :) got a nice little 6 lber today on a dew worm :)
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

HOOK

• Old Timer

I walked out to Borden around 830am and the water wasnt anywhere near gin clear  ??? Vis was about 2-3 feet at the time i was there. We fished Allison and a couple other runs. Saw exactly which mud is causing most of the troubles as well because the water was WAY clearer above it. Water will clear fast this week with no rain and cold temps on their way  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

bigblue

• Old Timer

How is visibility today?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

How is visibility today?
Sorry I did not get near the flow this morning. If not already it should be coming around as we had frost last night. Once again we have strong North East winds blowing.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

fished this morning no luck water about 1.5 feet seemed to color up pretty good this afternoon with about a foot of vis... maybe a chunk of clay fell in or something :-\

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

Just got back, vis was 1-2 ft. in above Allison and in great shape, less then a foot at the crossing. Report to follow later ;D
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Just got back, vis was 1-2 ft. in above Allison and in great shape, less then a foot at the crossing. Report to follow later ;D
how i wanted to go today but couldn't  >:( was nice out to :o
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!

Vis was more than a foot at the crossing... Thats all I will say  :-X  ;) Chomp chomp
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

GENERAL-SHERMAN

Vis was more than a foot at the crossing... Thats all I will say     Chomp chomp
well when i left at around 330 it was coloring up so i dunno what it looked like at dark down at the crossing but fred's was saying it was a foot or so as well.

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe

water had a nice green to it up top with a foot of visibility. I finally managed to get my first of the season a nice wild buck
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

armytruck

• Old Timer

I walked out to Borden around 830am and the water wasnt anywhere near gin clear  ???
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     I bet if you went to the top , down from the fishing boundry markers ,  yet above the clay bank at Borden , you would have seen the gin clear water there  ;D
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

HOOK

• Old Timer

We actually drove all the way to the top, turned around at the Limit Hole parking area then drove to Borden. we didnt however get out to look at the crowded areas along the road  ;) We only walked out at Borden to see what the water looked like as there were 7 vehicles there and we knew there wouldnt be room for us anyways. Was going to fish the Prison run but again with numerous cars we kept going to another spot.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I am hearing the Lower has come around today, will check that out later.