Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226486 times)

1son

Got out this morning for a few hours fished from cement slab and made my way down to alisson pool with no luck was very cold out with decent vis dunno what it was didn't hear or see any reports of other anglers landing fish could just be my luck........checked out crossing for 30mins before I gave in to the cold and called it a day ohh well hopefully I can get one next time. How was it for the rest of u?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water condition were good in the Lower but it was very cool thanks to the strong North East wind blowing. Only fished for a short time, misssed a fish twice.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

Got out this morning for a few hours fished from cement slab and made my way down to alisson pool with no luck
fished around allison and hooked into 4 between 3 of us. nothing else the rest of the day.water was clear up top with about 3 feet below bordon.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Wind has died down some today. ;D

HOOK

• Old Timer

ha ha nope, wind picked back up around 11am  ;) which made fly fishing difficult and forced me home around 11:45 seeing as when i cast it landed about 40 feet downriver every cast LOL  >:(
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

liketofish

• Old Timer

How was the water visibility, especially in the lower river?

Danube Boy

How was the water visibility, especially in the lower river?

Mid was about 2 feet, lower probably the same or slightly better (didn't venture there).

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

ha ha nope, wind picked back up around 11am  ;) which made fly fishing difficult and forced me home around 11:45 seeing as when i cast it landed about 40 feet downriver every cast LOL  >:(
You left too early as there was no wind when I got to the river around 2.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water was still in even with the rain but not sure how long it will remain so. Saw a couple of fish taken and I had one chance myself. Have come home to warm up for a bit before going back out, nice to be so close to the flow. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Heavy rain this afternoon, sure miserable out there but if I caught a fish I guess it would have not felt so bad. Water visibility was down to a tad over a foot when I left to catch the Leaf game at 4.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

fished below the crossing after work. fished till dark and water turned to around 8 inches of vis. when i started around 3-30 it was around 14 inches

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

fished below the crossing after work. fished till dark and water turned to around 8 inches of vis. when i started around 3-30 it was around 14 inches
Looks like a washout for tomorrow then. Still raining too. Should have capitalized on my last 7 changes this week as now I must wait a bit longer to improve a terrible landing record this season

fish_eye

At least our leafs one ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

At least our leafs one ;D
Better than a fish but I hoped the river would be OK for those that can only fish the weekend. Rain falling now, so I will sleep in tomorrow.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Better than a fish but I hoped the river would be OK for those that can only fish the weekend. Rain falling now, so I will sleep in tomorrow.
sleeping in, now thats a good idea :) im going on sunday to upper river, it shud be ok. Got some new waders today gotta try em out :)
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.