Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226492 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water clarity at 1.5ft this morning.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Was surprised it was a clean as it was after the heavy rain. I would be out there if it wasn't for a dentist appointment. :'(

Dave

• Old Timer

Rod, I know your eyes are younger than mine but .... 18"??   I looked about 9 am at the bridge and my guess was half that. 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Tell Chris that, I was just the messenger. ;D

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

a friend said that from the ranger run and up theres 2 feet vis and in the cannal 6" and just up from the crossing a foot. he was out there from 8-10am.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

milo

• Old Timer

Rod, I know your eyes are younger than mine but .... 18"??   I looked about 9 am at the bridge and my guess was half that.  

I hereby officially present you the unofficial Chilliwack River visibility formula:

X = C : 2

Where "X" is Chilliwack River visibility, and "C" is Chris's personal estimate.  :D

For Example:  X = 18" / 2 . Therefore, X=9"

Trust me, it works! :)

Dave

• Old Timer

I hereby officially present you the unofficial Chilliwack River visibility formula:

X = C : 2

Where "X" is Chilliwack River visibility, and "C" is Chris's personal estimate.  :D

For Example:  X = 18" / 2 . Therefore, X=9"

Trust me, it works! :)
;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Very windy in the Lower, I will leave the visibilty report to Dave. ;D ;D ;D

Dave

• Old Timer

Very windy in the Lower, I will leave the visibilty report to Dave. ;D ;D ;D
C'mon Chris, it was meant in fun :)  I do agree about the wind; brutal early this morning.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

C'mon Chris, it was meant in fun :)  I do agree about the wind; brutal early this morning.
I knew that was in fun as well.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Does anyone know what the water was like today?

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Visibility around 1 foot in the lower, just fine for fishing. The strong easterly wind was not so pleasant.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Visibility around 1 foot in the lower, just fine for fishing. The strong easterly wind was not so pleasant.

Thx Rodney. Planning to make a trip out there tomorrow with searun. Chris I have a couple of the cork floats for you so hopefully we will run into each other, but if we miss each other I might leave them at Freds for you.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

penn

I was there at the end of the day and it was more like 2 feet visibility in the lower today.

Danube Boy

During the morning, from Allison down to lower it was 1.5 to 2.5 ft depending on where you were, definitely nice for fishing if you prefer a little color.