Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226490 times)

work2fish

Started getting more rain by the time I left around 1pm, and I expect it won't get much better looking at the forecast.  It will probably be blown out by tonight if it does keep raining the way it was when I left.

penn

Actually , the water is dropping still . Came up slightly last night , but looked  real good when I was out this morning , about 2 feet .  Nice enough to get another . ;D

bigblue

• Old Timer

Actually , the water is dropping still . Came up slightly last night , but looked  real good when I was out this morning , about 2 feet .  Nice enough to get another . ;D

Was the 2 feet viz at the upper river?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

GENERAL-SHERMAN

fished from 10 to 5 water colored up to 16 inches  when i left the lower before dark. nobody fishing in front of me the last 3 hours of the day :o hopefully this rain stops soon!

penn

Was the 2 feet viz at the upper river?
Mid river .
Always' , you will just have to take it for what it's worth ,but I've been doing okay. Okay, better than okay , okay?
Smoker's going on tomorrow .
 Would be nice to get out more , but work keeps getting in the way .
How's it going for you ?

milo

• Old Timer

Guys, stop the bull when reporting river conditions...please.
The Vedder is blown and was blown early in the afternoon.

The day started with a nice mid river with 18" visibility and even more in the Upper. As the rain crept in around noon, things went downhill quite fast.

Here's a picture at Borden at around 2:00 PM, well before the worst of the rain hit:

And here's a picture taken from theTamihi Bridge at 3:45 PM today:

I can imagine it's much worse now as I type this.
Stay at home tomorrow, go to church, tend to the 'honey-do' lists...the river will not recover for the Sunday crowd - unfortunately.
That is an honest assessment and whoever tells you anything different is plain BS-ing you.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:12:38 PM by milo »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

Mid river .
Always' , you will just have to take it for what it's worth ,but I've been doing okay. Okay, better than okay , okay?
Smoker's going on tomorrow .
 Would be nice to get out more , but work keeps getting in the way .
How's it going for you ?

It's going about average for me this year, but obviously slow compared to your success!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

A picture is worth a thousand words.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Its not that bad.

18inchs who are you kidding? ;)
The Bigger The Better!

bigblue

• Old Timer

Thanks for the pictures guys! :) :) :)

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Its not that bad.

18inchs who are you kidding? ;)
that pics not recent is it? ;)
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

Danube Boy

that pics not recent is it? ;)

I'd give it third week of January.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

I'd give it third week of January.
ya that was about when it was blown bad, if the water had been clearer better vis the left side would have had a killer run
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

vancook

• Old Timer

Argh looks like I'm sleeping in tomorrow. Hopefully Monday the river will clear up so I can make my second trip this year.