Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226566 times)

Danube Boy

Shimano CI4 spinning reel?

1son

Shimano CI4 spinning reel?

shimanno convergence rod

C4 Whats that?

abu garcia ambassadeur c4 reel

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

Wise choice of gear. Ive been rocking a shimano convergence for yrs! ;)

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome

Heard it's a little clouded below the crossing with a nasty wind from a buddy. Upper is perfect
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Well I just got a report. It is about 2 feet of vis mid/low river and breezy. The fishing has been good  ;D . I just wish I was able to go but sadly not able to make it out there these days.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

River is fine, but theres more Rods then fish out there. 18 Rods fishing borden creek this afternoon, and one fish to show for. 11 Cars Parked at the large Allison pullout.  ::)
The Bigger The Better!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

River is fine, but theres more Rods then fish out there. 18 Rods fishing borden creek this afternoon, and one fish to show for. 11 Cars Parked at the large Allison pullout.  ::)
So thats where everyone was. A buddy of mine called me to give me an update (more like rubbing it in that I am not able to fish) and he said he has hardly seen anyone. I will let them give the fishing report  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Sandman

• Old Timer

Very windy today.  Wasn't too bad in the upper reaches (where the crowds were definitely out).  I did not get to the river until noon (son had a soccer game).  But I did find a nice run above the canyon that I had to myself for about ten minutes before two others come to join me.  The water was a bit green but with good visibility.  I fished a couple of runs in the upper reaches and one in the lower end but did not see any fish caught.  I fella down below did say he and his bud caught 3 earlier in the morning up top.
Not all those who wander are lost

wonder

river was awesome today, cold n windy but managed to bring in my first steely! 13lb buck, wild. ;D ;D ;D fished near tamahi

1son

river was awesome today, cold n windy but managed to bring in my first steely! 13lb buck, wild. ;D ;D ;D fished near tamahi

Good job my friend I bet you were pretty pumped too bad you couldn't keep it :-\.... Wish I had a chance to fish Saturday was the nicest day of the year thus far but had to work so who knows when I'm gonna get a chance to fish wit all this crappy weather lately

1son

fished the river all day and once again skunk lol  :-\ was very cold and snowy today awww man just my luck ohh well better luck next time still on the hunt for these chrome bullets tight lines every1

vancook

• Old Timer

fished the river all day and once again skunk lol  :-\ was very cold and snowy today awww man just my luck ohh well better luck next time still on the hunt for these chrome bullets tight lines every1
good to know. planning on heading tomorrow and was curious how the temperature and wind were doing. I better dress warm and not forget my gloves this time.

Every Day

• Old Timer

good to know. planning on heading tomorrow and was curious how the temperature and wind were doing. I better dress warm and not forget my gloves this time.

Was snowing very hard this evening. Probs around 1-2 inches on the road and all over everything for just an hours worth of snow at dark.

vancook

• Old Timer

Was snowing very hard this evening. Probs around 1-2 inches on the road and all over everything for just an hours worth of snow at dark.
hmm...I'll have to decide tomorrow morning I guess. I dont have the best vehicle for getting around in the snow even with the snow tires on.

For anyone else there willing to post a road condition report later on tonight it would be greatly appreciated.
cheers

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

hmm...I'll have to decide tomorrow morning I guess. I dont have the best vehicle for getting around in the snow even with the snow tires on.

For anyone else there willing to post a road condition report later on tonight it would be greatly appreciated.
cheers
Not much snow to speak of and no wind, yet. Check the radio reports and traffic cameras in the AM before you leave. They say the cold and wind is coming so tomorrow maybe the best of the next few. :-\