Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226572 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer

The snow wasn't sticking until tamihi but was sticking good up there....
Was still coming down hard when I left.
Calling for 5-10 cm tonight. I'm gonna say they'll probs get the full 10 on the ground up there.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Water coloured up a little over night and looks to have come up a tiny bit.
Probably around 4 feet vis in upper, 3 in mid.

Watch the roads... Spent an hour with a guy that rolled his truck into a ditch because of a patch of ice up there.

Cheers,
Dan

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

havnt checked water but i will second the BE CAREFULL the roads everywhere are very, very icy. Here in Surrey this morning we had a good 2cm of solid ice everywhere. and during today the ice melted now everythings wet and will be even icier out tommorow morning. and good on ya to the guy above for helping the guy :)
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

hue-nut

• Old Timer

Water coloured up a little over night and looks to have come up a tiny bit.
Probably around 4 feet vis in upper, 3 in mid.

Watch the roads... Spent an hour with a guy that rolled his truck into a ditch because of a patch of ice up there.

Cheers,
Dan

just before allison? think I saw that truck rolled into the bush. I lost control coming around the Tamahi corner just after the bridge and 180'd, fortunately there was no oncoming traffic

Dennis.t

• Old Timer

just before allison? think I saw that truck rolled into the bush. I lost control coming around the Tamahi corner just after the bridge and 180'd, fortunately there was no oncoming traffic
Slow down! >:(Not worth your life or others over a fish! ???

Every Day

• Old Timer

I doubt he was going fast...
The guy that rolled into the ditch was only going 50 or 60 because of road conditions.
Lucky on your part hue nut and yea it was just below Allison.

1son

Wow thats insane roads must be pretty slick guess I'm not heading out there this weekend no snow tires ???

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

Wow thats insane roads must be pretty slick guess I'm not heading out there this weekend no snow tires ???

There is still the whole lower river to fish. Snow is accumulating only in the higher elevations....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

hue-nut

• Old Timer

Dennis did I say I was going fast? did not mean to give the impression that I was ripping in poor conditions,  just hit a really greasy section at about 50k and did a slow mo 180. This was at about 630 am and by the time I left around 12 the roads above the Tam bridge were pretty good. Nice one ED sticking around with that guy, seen him on the river a lot, was his truck drive able when he got it towed out?

1son

There is still the whole lower river to fish. Snow is accumulating only in the higher elevations....

Don't wanna risk it on the highway coming from vancouver and driving my winter beater lol better safe than sorry 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Roads a sheet of ice this morning.

steve B

question about parking for a new comer is lickman a gravel lot ? same with peach rd gravel or paved ? that pickup or was it a pickup? that spun out did you have any weight in the back of your vehicle a couple of allan blocks does make a difference i have a pickup and ive spun out going 40 K around an icy corner i hope your okay must have been quite an experience one for the books

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Both gravel. Roads improved this afternoon but we now have the winds to contend with. Water conditions looked good today with only a few anglers out when I checked around the Crossing.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Seen a jack knifed semi blocking the highway from Lickman -East this morning on my way to work.... 3 more cars between lickman and the Canal.
The Bigger The Better!

penn

Minus 5 at noon in the 'wack and up to 37k wind gusts today. Have at 'er .