Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226588 times)

vancook

• Old Timer

How was the river looking at the end of the day? Still raining? Hoping to head out tomorrow. I like the rising water but if it blows out it's a long drive from Vancouver.

Stuart Dickinson

How was the river looking at the end of the day? Still raining? Hoping to head out tomorrow. I like the rising water but if it blows out it's a long drive from Vancouver.

It was okay i guess.  Raining pretty hard, visibility was deteriorating pretty badly as the day wore on.  Fished the upper, finished up at Allison and I'd say it was around a foot, maybe 18".

penn

Water's up 8 inches the last 4 or so days .

tnt

it was 10 degrees here last night .. with the chart rising like mad I would say it is Out!!!
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

nickredway

• Old Timer

That's a tough call to make, we were up there on Saturday and it was coming up but visability was pretty much perfect, no idea how much rain they had since.

vancook

• Old Timer

I stayed home, watches the charts last night and it's still coming up this morning. Maybe next weekend lol

1son

yeah same was gonna hit the river this morning but figure I'd wait til next weekend take lil break ;D

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

heard its up about a foot from a couple days ago with a foot in the lower end and 2 feet up top. with a greeny gray colour, but i wasnt out so, not my words friends words and fishings getting better he said tho, the fish are starting to head up river and out of kwb area  :)
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

fished the bailey bridge area for a few hours this evening, vis was at least 3 ft. Only saw 3 guys the whole time, only thing I caught was a wicked buzz

drove over the crossing last night and the river was only 1 foot of vis. i cant see it being 3 feet in the canal at all. buddies say the upper was barely fishable at times with all the rain. it would go from 2 feet of vis to almost none then clear up a bit. with the heavy rains last night i would give it a day or 2.

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Murkey and brown/cloudy in the lower.. Just got home from it.. been Raining lightly on the top all day.  Water is high too. Waste of time i personally think. 
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

Steelhead Fever

Too much rain last couple of days, it's sunny and warm rite now with clouds tommorow not supposed to rain till Friday.
Some people say it's blown or not worth it, I never got a steelie all season when the conditions were really good. Is it clear in the upper above tamihi bridge? Looking for some up to date info on river. Wanna head out tomorrow I got the itch.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water did not look too great today in the Lower this morning. Not sure if it improved much this afternoon.

bigblue

• Old Timer

Thinking of heading out for the first time in a month.
Would appreciate any feedback on water visibility. :)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

Water is perfect in the lower river....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

bigblue

• Old Timer

Water is perfect in the lower river....

Thanks for the tip alwaysfishn. :)