Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226599 times)

bigblue

• Old Timer

Fished all day from Lickman all the way up to the Ranger Run.
Water condition was perfect mid to upper river and Vedder Crossing was green with maybe 3 feet of viz when I left just before it got dark.
Lickman area was turbid in the morning with around 2+ feet of viz and likely improved in the afternoon.
Beautiful day to fish.

1son

Hows the fishing goin has it slowed down a bit? Or is there plenty of fish still to be caught wit the water level up?

bigblue

• Old Timer

I didn't land one today, but from what I saw and heard along the way today, fishing is not bad.
Some big wild fish were being caught in the last few days.
As I saw many photos of those fish, no BS in what I was being told about their size and numbers.
Overall, as expected, not as many fisherman as early in the season which is a plus.

1son

Awesome thanx for the heads up bigblue thats what I figured heard there starting to color up a bit to it's all good just wanna fight a few more before the season ends was hoping to squeeze some time in before the weekend is over been 2 weeks since I've been out there itching to get on the river :P

brownmancheng

Does this means most fish will have moved into the upper river?

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Does this means most fish will have moved into the upper river?
there through out the entire system. fresh fish will be still entering and the rest will scarterd everywhere.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

Blackgivesway2blue

how do you guys think the river will look monday+tuesday? hoping to make my way up there with the grandfather them days. looking for a area to try (upper,lower, etc.) any tips? cheers , blackgivesway2blue

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

how do you guys think the river will look monday+tuesday? hoping to make my way up there with the grandfather them days. looking for a area to try (upper,lower, etc.) any tips? cheers , blackgivesway2blue
does he have waders? if so send me a email ill tell u a couple sweet spots youll get into some fish
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

NiceFish

• Old Timer

I fished the middle today water was perfect, just in my travels I didn't see or hear of anyone connecting with anything. Water was much clearer in the lower river, but it seems like majority of the people are fishing above the crossing for what its worth

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Fish can be caught throughout the system until May, but of course the upper section will start having more fish as they travel up and stage to spawn. The likelihood of encountering more coloured fish also becomes bigger in the upper section as the season progresses.

Here is a video that we did last April in the lower section of the river.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6bvMZqbumU

Blackgivesway2blue

steelie-slayer, yes we both do have waders. if you can, send me an email at austynbriggs@hotmail.com , thanks in advance  ;D

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

River was blown out above the crossing around 3pm today. Better clean up quick as its super nice out.  :) 
The Bigger The Better!

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties

River was blown out above the crossing around 3pm today. Better clean up quick as its super nice out.  :) 

I'll say, I came down from fishing the upper reaches and took a look over Tamahi Bridge and saw the damage, uuuuugleeeee !!!  :(

bigblue

• Old Timer

I'll say, I came down from fishing the upper reaches and took a look over Tamahi Bridge and saw the damage, uuuuugleeeee !!!  :(

Is it due to a clay slide? In hasn't rain much in the past few days with the river level dropping steadily.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties

Is it due to a clay slide? In hasn't rain much in the past few days with the river level dropping steadily.

Don't know, it almost looked glacial  ???