Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226648 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer

Raining hard.
Allison down is blown.
Borden to Allison is around 3 ft vis and is fishable, just didn't feel like staying out there in the rain/snow mix today  :P

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

steelie slayer   ???were you fishing above the boundry because im pretty sure that whole river gets pounded all year ::)
nope below boundry, no one fishs it tho cus its only like 15ish feet wide maybe a little bigger. most guys just cross it to get to the main section.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

bigblue

• Old Timer

Dropped by Peach parking lot at 7:30 PM on my way home and water is gray/green with less than 1 feet of visibility.
Upper river visibility also started to deteriorate late in the afternoon, but was still fishable upstream of Allison.

Carich980

I see the sun is trying to shine how long does it usually take for the water to clear up?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water looked OK a few minutes ago at Lickman Road.

HOOK

• Old Timer

but whats "ok" to you ?  ;)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season

I see the sun is trying to shine how long does it usually take for the water to clear up?

depends on the temperature as much as the amount of rain....if it gets too hot too fast then you have the same effect with high water due to the freshet...best scenario right now is for it to stop raining, but maintain a nice cool temperature up on the mountains.

Dave

• Old Timer

azafai

Steelhead Fever

azafai

any recent report about river condition??   :)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer

There was about 18 inches of visibility in the lower this afternoon. Other than the hail, the conditions were excellent.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Knife

When I got there at 1230 it was about 18" at the lower area. Moved up to crossing area late afternoon, was only about a foot. Did manage to release a small doe, and saw 3 other fish released.

Steelhead Fever

Before[img][/img]
Today
Dirty diapers cleaned up too.