Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226676 times)

bigblue

• Old Timer

Fishing conditions were good yesterday afternoon with go green visibility of 2~3 feet in most of the lower river.

Steelhead Fever

How bout a scan of the perpetrator's phone bill and name if ya got it ?  Maybe they could use a few calls and publicity .  ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:44:04 PM by Steelhead Fever »

azafai

that was wrong and not acceptable at all ... should be reported to city ..... but please respect people's privacy and remove that from internet.

Dave

• Old Timer

that was wrong and not acceptable at all ... should be reported to city ..... but please respect people's privacy and remove that from internet.

I have to agree.  Even though I help organize river cleanups and am disgusted by the people who abuse our watershed, I don't believe we have all the information on this particular episode.
My .02
I saw it first hand today - wow, it took a lot of effort to haul that stuff up that embankment.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

for all you know that copy of her address/name etc. couldve just been a sepreate thing and that the garbage might not be hers.
and how would you like it if somebody posted that up if it was yours, would you not get angry from all the phone calls angry emails?
its just not proper thing to do posting her info for everyone to see, you should have just shown it to the police
but good on you for cleaning it up.
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

bigblue

• Old Timer

Good work on the clean up SF.
However, as we are off thread from the original topic, maybe the moderator could move this to a new topic.

dennyman

• Old Timer

Got to agree the mods should delete the photo, and the individual who found the garbage should turn that piece of paper into the police, or report it via the RAPP hotline.

Steelhead Fever

for all you know that copy of her address/name etc. couldve just been a sepreate thing and that the garbage might not be hers.
and how would you like it if somebody posted that up if it was yours, would you not get angry from all the phone calls angry emails?
its just not proper thing to do posting her info for everyone to see, you should have just shown it to the police
but good on you for cleaning it up.
Hey steelie slayer thx for the advice on smaller bobber usage that would probably help a lot. Lol
If someones gonna dump something you'd think they wouldn't leave there address, I'm sure it's her stuff the receipts and bills were mixed with all the stuff, inside boxes bags.
Took the pics down so we can get back to river conditions.
Good luck out there everyone.

river walker

In my opinion , people loose their privacy as soon as they dump their stuff off in a place like that. Who cares post it. They deserve alot more than some nasty emails!
"Second best head..... STEELHEAD"

HOOK

• Old Timer

once your garbage is on the curb it is considered public property if you dump it then even more so. I have learned things like this by watching some police shows (such as Cold Case files). I still disagree with posting it publicly (i did see it when it was up)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

purplehelmet

He's right, I'm a former PI...
It's NOT good for the smoker!

azafai

any recent report on the river??
thanks.

Sterling C

• Old Timer

I hauled about half this stuff away today. Not enough room in my vehicle for all of it. Hopefully someone can pick up the rest before it finds way over the bank again.
Actions speak louder than words.

Matt

• Old Timer

I hauled about half this stuff away today. Not enough room in my vehicle for all of it. Hopefully someone can pick up the rest before it finds way over the bank again.

Good on you Sterling. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks so much, we will get the rest on our cleanup on Saturday. Hope a few of you can make it out. Details at www.cleanrivers.ca

Alexandra Morton is coming to take part also. ;D