Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010/11 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 226694 times)

hue-nut

• Old Timer

drove over at noon and was mint looking, but I popped by the crossing at 5 and vis is basically zero and gray

HOOK

• Old Timer

Thanks buddy, Im not planning to go tomorrow but maybe later in the week
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

liketofish

• Old Timer

How is the river today? Any update will be much appreciated. End of season is near for us gear guys. Thinking of trying tomorrow before hanging up my steelhead gears until next year.

azafai

clarity today in the morning was around one foot by mid river.   I didn't check the upper side but clarity in lower was around 1.5 to max 2 feet.  overall the condition was good.
I left by 10AM and don't know what happen after, but rain was stopping by that time.   Now it should have improved even better.  Water was not high. 

steely02

• Quinn

to bad they were probably above the crossing and you wont be able to fish them anymore after Saturday because the river closes above the crossing bridge and goes "FLY ONLY" below for the month of May  ;D

anybody got a clarity update to post from today ?? I notice its gone up a bit on the graph so im wondering how dirty its gotten. Thanks

so you can only float fish below te crossing for may?? where is considered the crossing?

roseph

you can only fly fish in May below the Vedder crossing.

Sandman

• Old Timer

so you can only float fish below te crossing for may?? where is considered the crossing?

"The Crossing" is the bridge over the river at Vedder Crossing (the iron trestle bridge).  The river below that is open to "Fly Fishing Only" and to quote the regs:
"fly fishing … angling with a line to which only an artificial fly is attached (floats, sinkers, or attracting devices may not be attached to the line when fishing is restricted to "fly fishing only”).
Not all those who wander are lost

hue-nut

• Old Timer

I only fish jigs in may.....with a little prawn on there ;)

milo

• Old Timer

I only fish jigs in may.....with a little prawn on there ;)

You and many others...I don't even buy a license anymore...nobody checks on you anyways.  ::)

Dave

• Old Timer

Not so Milo ;) While walking Sidthedog this morning I saw a Fishery Officer checking anglers licenses.  Great to see an enforcement presence on the Vedder.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

as far as the fly only goes, would a strike indicator be ok with a small splittie and a fly (egg fly)  ???
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

Nitroholic

You and many others...I don't even buy a license anymore...nobody checks on you anyways.  ::)

Got checked on tuesday

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

On tuesday there were CO's everywhere, havent seen anything like it on the Vedder before. One leaving the vedder, one checking back behind OTW and another getting a donut. ;) Nice to see, But I hope they didnt just show up because of the nice weather were having.... ;D
The Bigger The Better!

Dave

• Old Timer

Hey BigFisher, sure they were CO's and not FO's??  ;D  If indeed it was the Province out in force, great.  Wonder where they found the gas money :D :D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....

as far as the fly only goes, would a strike indicator be ok with a small splittie and a fly (egg fly)  ???

fly fishing … angling with a line to which only
an artificial fly is attached (floats, sinkers,
or attracting devices may not be attached
to the line when fishing is restricted to "fly
fishing only”).

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family