Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, December 31st 2010  (Read 1373 times)

coho killer

Chilliwack River, December 31st 2010
« on: December 31, 2010, 04:52:19 PM »

Decided to sleep in for the first time in 10 days today. Arrived at the river at about 1:30, with not much hope. Thinking that everyone would've already fished the section of river I choose. About 20 cast's later float goes under, thinking it's a snag didn't set the hook very hard. But managed to fight it for about 5 minutes before it finally got away. Looked to be about 7-8 lbs. Went down river for a couple of hours, come back empy handed. Decide to go fish the spot I lost that fish earlier, the float goes under but this time i'm ready. The fish dogged me on the bottom for a good 2 minutes before finally losing that one also. I don't know how big that fish was but I have never felt a steely that heavy and powerful. All and all a good afternoon out.

CohoMan

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, December 31st 2010
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:04:28 PM »

I went out today and boy!!! was it ever cold. I arrived a Lickman around 8:00am and saw one guy landing one. I was going to fish down below Lickman but noticed probably around 30 fishermen down there. I decided to try my luck at the canal but did not touch anything.

My friend, however had a different story. He was able to get a small hatchery of about 8lbs somewhere further up. Thanks to modern technology, he was able to email it to me and bragged about it.

yoda

Re: Chilliwack River, December 31st 2010
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 07:02:29 PM »

nice fish your buddy got, and thanks for the report. went on the 30th for the afternoon, saw one but nada for me :(
not to worry though, seems like numbers are pretty good by the sounds of it. just keep walking and it will happen ;D