Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, January 2nd 2011  (Read 2471 times)

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
Chilliwack River, January 2nd 2011
« on: January 02, 2011, 10:10:34 PM »

Fished from below the hatchery on down today and it started out looking like I was cursed by the Steelhead Gods.

1) Tore the sleeve of my wading jacket.

2) Slipped on some black ice and landed face down in the river, loosened something on my reel. Soaked my gloves.

Redeemed later on though as I did manage to catch and release one hatchery doe of about 7 pounds.

Lot's of guys out there today even in the cold weather. Talked to a few who'd heard of a some being landed but the only one I saw was mine. Great day to be out there.

searun17

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, January 2nd 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 10:26:43 PM »

i got a late start today but that's OK it aloud for the crowds to thin out a little,i managed to hit two wild fish in one of my favorite pieces of water and i had the run to my self,nice and peace full away from the crowds.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 10:34:23 PM »

i got a late start today but that's OK it aloud for the crowds to thin out a little,i managed to hit two wild fish in one of my favorite pieces of water and i had the run to my self,nice and peace full away from the crowds.

What do you mean to yourself. I dont count anymore  ???  lol

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »

What do you mean to yourself. I don't count anymore ???  lol
yes you count,but i only meant that there weren't any other fisherman at the same run. ;D :o.lol.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:34:55 PM »

Pounded one area this morn for a few hours.
Went through with natural roe, prawns, pro cure prawns, jensen egg with wool and a pink worm.
I only did this because I knew there had been fish caught there every mornin and that one was probably there.

Didn't get a Steelhead but on my last time through the run with the pink worm I managed to get a BEAUTY cutty while reeling in.
So much for them not being in the Vedder...  ;D
Will post some pics tomorrow, bed time now so I can wake up early  :P

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 10:28:27 PM »

Been out 5 times and only hooked 2 the first 2 times and nothing since........

A fisherman is a jerk at one end of a line, waiting for a jerk at the other.

Toprod

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 10:22:08 AM »

I spent the day on the river also, did a lot of hiking and exploring. No hookups for me, but helped a fellow angler land his first steel which was a chrome hatchery bullet about 5-6 pounds. It only took him 4 years to catch, the perma smile on his face really made the day.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »

Careful out there on the ice guys! the river can be a death trap during these months. We all know if only takes one slip.
[