Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kawkawa Lake, March 17th 2011  (Read 1116 times)

colin6101

Kawkawa Lake, March 17th 2011
« on: March 18, 2011, 08:02:54 AM »

I went and fished kawkawa lake from around 9:00 until 1:00. There were around six other boats on the water and all the action was being had right on the bottom of the lake. Small chronies right off the bottom in 35-40 feet of water were the ticket. The boats using bait right off the bottom were doing well too. Trolling around around small pink spoons resulted in a few small coho to go with the koks. All in all a beautiful day to be out on the water.

BNF861

• Old Timer
Re: Kawkawa Lake, March 17th 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:19:39 AM »

Hi Colin, I think it may of been you I met loading up yesterday as I was putting my boat in with two kids.

Definitely a great afternoon on the water. Lake was calm, and the sun was shinning.  Fishing krill off the bottom and a few feet under the surface was a little slow. Sure was a ton of chronies everywhere, so I'm thinking they may of been getting full. Trolling around some krill tipped wedding bands produced very well and got the kids into fish.

Was fun to shake the dust off the boat and enjoy a day of sun, the daughter hasn't been too happy with the poor weather of spring break so far. It was the first reel trip with my three year old son in the boat and he did great and loved it.

colin6101

Re: Kawkawa Lake, March 17th 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 12:53:07 PM »

Yup that was me loading up my kayak. It was nice to meet you, and glad you managed to get your kids into some fish!