Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kawkawa Lake, April 9th & 10th 2011  (Read 1097 times)

camtheman

Kawkawa Lake, April 9th & 10th 2011
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »

a buddy and i went out yesterday, got to the lake at around 10 and the fish were surfacing everywhere
they didnt bite anything that I tried but in the afternoon my buddy hooked up with one on a dick nite trolled deep and I caught one on krill under a float
I had 5 other strikes too but my timing seems to be a little bit off
the weather was great and the fish were just a bonus so all in all it was a good day

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 07:58:51 PM by camtheman »

Steelie1030

Re: Kawkawa Lake, April 9th & 10th 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:56:57 AM »

We hit the lake on Saturday about 8:30 and tried everything..different flies, krill. small spoons...fish were everywhere on the surface but just the very odd one showing up on the sounder at around 15-20 feet. We got a few fish in the morning but they really started to bite when the wind came up in the afternoon. Lots of chironomids coming off. That's the first time we caught all four species in an hour...coho, rainbow, cutthrout and kokanee. All released. On Sunday, it was more of the same but it rained all morning...not as many surfacing but still lots of bites on the small black flies we were using. Water was 46 degrees. It was good to get out on a lake once again instead of walking the river.