Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: White Horse Fishing  (Read 1420 times)

Driller

• Keeping it real.
White Horse Fishing
« on: April 15, 2011, 08:28:30 AM »

I'm flying into Whitehorse, then driving 4.5 hours north east of the city.  I will be crossing Teslin River, and Ross river.  I haven't even checked the regulations yet, but has anyone ever fished up in that neck of the woods?  I'd love to A. look at the regulations and find that it is legal for me to get a line wet, and B. maybe hook into a species of fish that I haven't caught before.  I know up north, they have grayling, char, and ...???  I have 3wt. 5 wt. and 8 wt. fly rods, plus a drift fishing rod.  I'd love to bring a fly rod up there and nail a couple sumpin-r-others.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. 
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: White Horse Fishing
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:12:44 AM »

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Matt1984

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 04:55:19 PM »

If your that far out.. try to make your way to the east arm of great slave lake in the nwt, such amazing lake trout fishing.

jon5hill

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 05:40:35 PM »

On the southeast side of Dawson city there is a bridge that crosses the Yukon river, it's got an awesome amount of resident rainbow and grayling. I caught many there when I was about 15 years old.

You can fish right under the bridge, it's actually on the Klondike highway. Where abouts are you going??
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 05:55:08 PM by jon5hill »