Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PINKS  (Read 10658 times)

fishgutz1

PINKS
« on: August 02, 2011, 11:30:29 AM »

Just wondering if anyone out there has gotten lucky? And if so where?

adecadelost

Re: PINKS
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »

yup caught, cured, smoked and half eaten already. Get out and get them they are here!

fishgutz1

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »

Great to hear! Just gotta find some in local waters, I've stuck out so far! ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 02:55:54 PM »

I got a big chrome pink on friday morning at the cap.  I was very surprised.  Thought i had a nice coho on.  I didn't think the cap had pinks this early.
weeeeeeeeeow!

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 02:56:32 PM »

I got a big chrome pink on friday morning at the cap.  I was very surprised.  Thought i had a nice coho on.  I didn't think the cap had pinks this early.

Cap doesn't have pinks...just a few lost souls
- John A.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 02:58:24 PM »

Great to hear! Just gotta find some in local waters, I've stuck out so far!

Its because they are not here yet. 

adecadelost

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »

They are here you just have to know where to look for them.

bigsnag

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »

Very possible it's heading for the Seymour or Indian Arm. Also a chance it's a Squamish pink that got sidetracked.Time wise it's pretty much bang on for those systems.
It ain't the roe bro'

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 04:20:32 PM »

They are here you just have to know where to look for them.

The run is not here yet, just a few early-birds.

J
- John A.

adecadelost

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »

The run has started in some systems.
If you're waiting for them in Chilliwack then yes the run is not there yet, but there are systems that start seeing pinks earlier then the vedder and those systems have started.
I was back on the river yesterday and everyone seemed to be into pinks.
I'm posting this info without specifics because I want to encourage people to get out and explore, get away from the usual spots, get out of your comfort zone, it's often well worth it.

fishgutz1

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »

Thanks for the info, I'm going go explore a few spots after work.

SteelHunter

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 12:24:24 PM »

If you're waiting for them in Chilliwack then yes the run is not there yet, but there are systems that start seeing pinks earlier then the vedder and those systems have started.
I was back on the river yesterday and everyone seemed to be into pinks.
I'm posting this info without specifics because I want to encourage people to get out and explore, get away from the usual spots, get out of your comfort zone, it's often well worth it.

Hey I am interested in bring my little brother to catch pinks. Can you help me out adecadelost, can you email me at key4me2001@hotmail.com . Thanks, I am rather new to salmon fishing. any info is helpful.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 12:30:54 PM »

Can you give me a general idea of the area where you have seen them?

1stlite

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »

Just wanted to say hello. Someone had told me about this website last week and it seems very informative & helpful.
Can't wait to start fishing for them at Garry Pt. and also Dyke Road in Richmond. It's the closest area for me to fish for them. The last few pink runs (07, 09) were fantastic out there. Not that crowded compared to some other places. River access is so easy, just park the car at the side of the road and start fishing. The fishing gear is ready to go. See you out there in a week or two.

adecadelost

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 01:57:45 PM »

Sorry guys I’m not going to be posting up spots or play “you’re getting warmer”.  I’ve decided to be a little more active on this site because I want to change how these sites are viewed.

Right now many people view these pages as a plague that sends swarms of Beekers to their favorite holes.  I too have been seeing an increase in the amount of guys (and gals) on the water.  But for the most part these individuals are genuinely keen to get into the sport and to learn.  However more times then not they have been a little misguided or are introduced to the sport during the sockeye or pink seasons and think that the same techniques and behaviour will be accepted elsewhere.  When I’m on the river I’ll usual go up and say hi, often give some advice if they are not getting into fish and explain why their bottom bouncing or huck and swing techniques are not working; and may not be met with appreciation by other anglers.  Most everyone I talk to are very happy to get the advice and usually don’t know they are doing anything wrong.

I’m just hoping to extend that same riverside etiquette to websites like this and hope I can help a few people become better anglers.

As for the pinks, a little digging on this or other websites will tell you which systems get earlier runs and which are later.  Then just get out and explore.  Hopefully my posting will get people excited to know the season has begun and get people out exploring.