Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 259918 times)

lyshon

Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2011, 11:39:30 PM »

Some pinks are here for sure. Fishing at lower Fraser today got 2 bites but lost it. I saw the color of the fish while it is jumping in front of me.. it is Pinks!
Better luck tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2011, 11:42:16 PM »

Not sure about this dam opening as I see the McBride station showed a rise too, rain in the headwaters of the Fraser?

coho65

« Reply #182 on: August 29, 2011, 01:30:01 AM »

north thompson was colored real  heavy a few days ago,i"m guessin rain in the headwaters wich in turn would be rain east of mcbride.looks like fraser is droppin again according to the chart.north thompson is running clean again.....

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #183 on: August 29, 2011, 09:49:18 AM »

Interior has had a new front move through with lots of clouds, I'd expect some rain and thunderstorms would be mixed in as well.  Hopefully things clear up over the next week or so.

frozensalmon

« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2011, 08:21:47 PM »

new westminister to surrey bridge, lots of jumps
but none bite today

2~5pm
more coho, more coho... ::)

YetiHunter

« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »

Spent a couple hours this evening in Richmond, not so much as a bite. Would be nice if the water was a little clearer.

newb33

« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2011, 07:47:38 PM »

Maybe a stupid question but I bought 4 blue fox pixee pink and nickel plate but the top has a little round thing on it do I hook my line to that or do I add a swivel someone will know what I'm tking about cause I can't see tying my line directly to that I'm fishin the Fraser in Richmond if that helps

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2011, 07:53:24 PM »

Maybe a stupid question but I bought 4 blue fox pixee pink and nickel plate but the top has a little round thing on it do I hook my line to that or do I add a swivel someone will know what I'm tking about cause I can't see tying my line directly to that I'm fishin the Fraser in Richmond if that helps

Just use a snap swivel and it will work fine. I was out for the incoming tide today. Netters were everywhere but so were the fish. Hooked and lost two after putting on the biggest, brightest spoon in the box. I can't seem to land them, lost all four I have hooked. They were coming by steady for about two hours then slowed down. Both were hooked on a Pixee spoon so those will work quite well. I will get one tomorrow, I can feel it ;D
Oh and visiblity was quite poor, 6 inches at best
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:55:06 PM by Steely »
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2011, 07:55:55 PM »

Yup like Steely said use a snap swivel and you are good to go.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

killer fisher

« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2011, 08:38:12 PM »

Just use a snap swivel and it will work fine. I was out for the incoming tide today. Netters were everywhere but so were the fish. Hooked and lost two after putting on the biggest, brightest spoon in the box. I can't seem to land them, lost all four I have hooked. They were coming by steady for about two hours then slowed down. Both were hooked on a Pixee spoon so those will work quite well. I will get one tomorrow, I can feel it ;D
Oh and visiblity was quite poor, 6 inches at best

what size pixie were u using??

small_fish

• Hi!
« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2011, 10:18:32 PM »

Just a quick question, what line weight should my reel be spooled with for pinks? I recently bought a shimano spinning combo reel at Canadian tire. It is a Shiminao sr-70mb2, 7', with medium power and fast action, is this adequate for fishing pinks?? Also if the reel is already spooled with line, how can i check how many lbs it is.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2011, 10:30:57 PM »

Just a quick question, what line weight should my reel be spooled with for pinks? I recently bought a shimano spinning combo reel at Canadian tire. It is a Shiminao sr-70mb2, 7', with medium power and fast action, is this adequate for fishing pinks?? Also if the reel is already spooled with line, how can i check how many lbs it is.

Ask Canadian Tires.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2011, 10:43:32 PM »

canadian tire usually spool their reels with Red Wolf Line...pretty generic. if it's white in colour just go there with a small piece of line (from your reel) and compare the diameter with other lines on the shelf. you might have to go with feel to get the closes comparison.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #193 on: August 30, 2011, 10:47:16 PM »

You will be fine.  The line will either be 8, 10, or 12 using my best guess.  If I were you, I would spend $10 and spool it something decent.  Any of the name brands will do.

killer fisher

« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2011, 12:05:12 AM »

go on there website and look at the description of the combo u have.. should say there