Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 275300 times)

K2Mining

Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #360 on: September 06, 2011, 10:01:55 PM »

i was at scale and didnt make it 1/16th down the bank before both my garbage bags were filled with "Windy Litter"

;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #361 on: September 06, 2011, 10:08:20 PM »

On the spur of the moment decided to take the wife out in the boat & head out.
Got my fishing lic...& out we go..wife is trying to wash kitchen floor & do laundry (extra chores when she gets days off from her job) so I kinda say in a "louder voice"..."Heck with the floors let's go" Well in my rush  forget the net as I assumed it was in the cuddy..
But glad to say that a spoon really got me ACTION !!! Trolled with the spoon for a short period of time...but then when we difted down river & just casted & retrieved must of got at least 6 on...plus another 6 or so sharp pulls on the lure butthe fish did not get hooked. One was hooked good but would ya not know it...line got wrapped around the kicker & by the time I got line free the fish was el gone...
Actually the hook I put on the spoon was too small so that is why I lost so many...next time the hook will be alot larger....So if the one who gave me this spoon reads my post...thank you !!! It worked very well (did not use the spoon with the gren sticker as the other one did just fine.) ;D

Had fun even though I did not land one...plus the casting rod  used was like one used by 8 yr olds...small reel & short rod...very low test line. Man was it hot & sunny.

killer fisher

« Reply #362 on: September 06, 2011, 11:20:24 PM »

was out sunday, 6-8 pm ... got 1 male around 6lbs

Mr. Iban

« Reply #363 on: September 07, 2011, 11:16:26 AM »

Mid river around Barnston Island was hoping between 6:30 and 8 pm last night. Several nice fish landed with a few lost. Lots of fish jumping and rolling. Nice day.

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #364 on: September 07, 2011, 01:21:57 PM »

Sigh, more garbage lying around the river today.  Was in New West this morning and picked up a giant ball of line by the rocks.  Went to Richmond tonight and found even more line left by the side of the river, along with chip bags and coffee cups.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jeebus.
Like you I wish people wouldn't do that.  What can be so hard about taking ones garbage away from a spot?  Oh well - doesn't do our sport any credit with people I can tell you that.

I am trying to get in the habit of taking a bag with me so I can pink up the odd bits of junk from around where I am fishing.  It doesn't take much and if enough people get in the habit the problem would be considerably reduced.  Keep spreading the word  8)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #365 on: September 07, 2011, 02:17:30 PM »

lots rolling this afternoon but none jumping, kinda wondering if they are effected by the heat. when i was there last night they were jumping all over the place. manage to get 1 in about the 20 mins i was there.

c-pin

« Reply #366 on: September 07, 2011, 02:22:48 PM »

Had a great day on the river fished 10 -2 so many fish moving in today very awesome to see and when  I got there at low tide found some nice tackle somebody lost. Fished with my tackle for 3 hours no hits than I tried the tackle I found BAM third cast fish on what a great day

LOL ... If you were fishing Dyke Rd by the #3 Rd pier, you may have found my unique tackle that is slaying the Pinks this year. I've lost 2 of those homemade spinners to the River Gods so far.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:26:18 PM by c-pin »
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #367 on: September 07, 2011, 04:07:36 PM »

I gave in and headed to #5 & dyke since I work nearby in Richmond. The river was alive with tons of roller and jumpers everywhere! Suprisingly, many people were out on the river banks from 1pm-3pm and some were catching fish. I only had a brief hook up and no luck bringing one in.

In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

Butch1949

« Reply #368 on: September 07, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »

Was out both Saturday and Sunday to the box on the Fraser River side of Shady Island, lots of pinks and all chrome, still quite a number of sockeye , saw lots of fishermen snagging them and I threw an aresenal of lures , wool and my family and I caught quite a few but with their soft mouths and not being snagged we lost them all, but so good to be there. :P
"I don't catch fish"

Butch1949

« Reply #369 on: September 07, 2011, 05:13:28 PM »

gheart008, how do you like that image shack, is it easy and safe to use for uploading images here?
"I don't catch fish"

lots2learn

« Reply #370 on: September 07, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »

Not as many pinks surfacing as yesterday but managed to catch two nice jacks. Fiesty battle with both, i am well impressed with pink fishing and tasted great barbeed.  Both caught on spoons, port mann area, from shore.

drock31

« Reply #371 on: September 07, 2011, 08:08:29 PM »

Took my daughter for a walk down to derby reach around 6. Didn't see any jumpers and talked to a guy who said earlier most guys caught a fish each by it had died of later on in the eveing. I am working in maple ridge tommorow so maybe I'll try on the way home if I have time

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #372 on: September 07, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »

I had my best luck in a couple hours today in Richmond from 2-4, despite not seeing many jumpers.

This evening took a family walk along Sapperton Landing.  Did not see many risers but saw lots of guys with a fish or two to take home.  Also a lot of cars with parking tickets.

Mr. Iban

« Reply #373 on: September 07, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »

High tide at Mid River was around 7 pm. Caught 11 on spoons. A few males were around 7-8 pounds. Most of the action was an hour after high tide with fish constantly surfacing and jumping.

drock31 - If you are working in Maple Ridge tomorrow, your best bet would be anywhere you can access the river in Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #374 on: September 07, 2011, 08:49:01 PM »

yeah... he got in trouble after the photo for not having it on !!! he asked to take his hoodie off because it was gettin hot ! and never put life jackect back on ! he wore it the rest of the time !!!

Glad to hear it!  Far too many sad stories from that river already!  Looks like he was having fun tho!!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.