Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 260383 times)

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #540 on: September 16, 2011, 08:54:19 PM »

Its a roll of the dice with lady luck on your side. lol
Well I DO understand that there is just that bit of luck when shore fishing a river that the fish pass your offering. I do get that. But I am just making sure that bad luck is simply the culprit, and there isnt a lot of fail on my part.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

frozensalmon

« Reply #541 on: September 16, 2011, 08:56:28 PM »

A pic of people at dyke rd tonight ar Richmond......

more coho, more coho... ::)

fish.on

« Reply #542 on: September 16, 2011, 08:58:28 PM »

Fishing was decent in the surrey area when i was there from 1-4pm, expect for a couple annoying boats trying to run close to shore to make big waves. I caught 1, prob 10 landed in total during the time.  Some guys said it slowed down a bit and was alot better the last two days.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:00:40 PM by fish.on »

buzzer

« Reply #543 on: September 16, 2011, 10:13:10 PM »

Finally caught my first humpy this year at Gary Point around 5 pm today. Not so many fish rolling. Just got a little lucky on this one :).

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #544 on: September 16, 2011, 10:19:29 PM »

Ok what the heck am I doing wrong? EVERYONE tonight caught at least 1, if not more, and me and my woman are the only ones who didnt. I played with a corky/bead/yarn combo I have, spoon, spinner, and a straight yarn'd hook. Ive casted, and varied depth of 0-15 seconds waiting after it hits the water, and varied retrieval speed. Fished different spots, and found pools and drop offs. Soooooooooooooooooo. What else could I do differently?

Oh and to add to things ive been trying, keeping a positive attidtude and enjoying the gorgeous skies the past couple days. But now im frustrated!
Somehow I doubt you have done anything wrong.  Pinks are really aggressive fish and will grab just about anything some days.

There have been other days when I have been out there and experienced exactly what you did.   Just last weekend there was I guy next to me & my nephew hauling them in and we were getting nothing in spite of changing up presentations (spoons/spinners/pink/green/red/blue), retrieve speeds depths.  Other days this week have been way better.  Unfortunately, there is just no accounting for the behavior of fish in spite of how much we all *think* we know.

[Don't know why but this year I seem to be doing best with pink spinners - don't know why.  More than likely that's just what I have developed faith in.  Last season they seemed to be willing to grab just about anything]

Keep at it and, trust me you, will be rewarded :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:22:23 PM by fishseeker »

Sinaran

« Reply #545 on: September 16, 2011, 11:23:52 PM »

Caught two and lost one today at Dyke rd. in Richmond from 5pm to 7pm.  the biggest push of fish i've ever witnessed this year on the fraser.  Most fish caught tonight were quite chrome and fresh, sea-lices were all over the tail too. 

Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

mistermongz

« Reply #546 on: September 16, 2011, 11:33:20 PM »

A pic of people at dyke rd tonight ar Richmond......

i wasn't too far away from where u were. i was closer to Gilbert and i Hooked and landed a nice big male within 10 mins of casting and another one within 5 mins. lots of fish coming thru. and to my surprise i was able to connect into a couple of Bull Trout will load up pics later. it was a good day.
Fish on!!!

Derrik

« Reply #547 on: September 17, 2011, 10:13:44 AM »

wow looks like a hot spot I'm gonna have to check it out this weekend hopefully ill get a bite! ;D

mistermongz

« Reply #548 on: September 17, 2011, 01:01:47 PM »

wow looks like a hot spot I'm gonna have to check it out this weekend hopefully ill get a bite! ;D

HOTSPOTS are anywhere where the Fraser River Run thru. Fish are everywhere little bit of luck and perseverance u will get a fish or 2
Fish on!!!

HKSR

« Reply #549 on: September 17, 2011, 04:02:01 PM »

How's it going out there? I'm at Derby, and it's quiet.

dmoney

« Reply #550 on: September 17, 2011, 04:37:04 PM »

Fish were coming through fairly consistently if not really thick in Abbotsford this morning. They are very clean and fresh though. The four below were caught on spoons and flies.

D$

RiverRunner

« Reply #551 on: September 17, 2011, 06:46:03 PM »

Had a great morning with the incoming tide. Hooked into a bunch. Took home 2 fem's. (I release any male pinks)Love it when you can see a few risers and chuck a spoon at them and usually fish on!   ;D

brysonk

« Reply #552 on: September 17, 2011, 06:49:16 PM »

yeah it was rediculous mid river again today. 20+ fish and got to take home only the brightest of the bunch. They were hitting anything shiny as long as you got it in front of them. get out there people this isn't going to last long!

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #553 on: September 17, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »

if only the pinks could be around more often, it could create a little bit more room on other flows...  ;D
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #554 on: September 17, 2011, 08:42:37 PM »

Was out in delta from 8 til 8. hooked into 14. Kept 4. released 2, and forcibly released (lost) 8. Had more bites but the 8 I lost were after fighting them for at least a hook set and a run. Was good fun and I learned a lot about how to fight the fish and keep tension on the line during jumps or rolls and such.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!