Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 260257 times)

Mr. Iban

Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #585 on: September 18, 2011, 05:39:56 PM »

Pitt Meadows was very productive. 7 chromes landed and 11 hooked in about 4 hours. Lots of fight in the fish. Mid River seems to be producing every day and some of the best fishing has been as the tide was going out...

noobfisher

« Reply #586 on: September 18, 2011, 06:43:27 PM »

I think I'm gonna have to head east ... langley, abbotsford, pitt meadows ... richmond has been slow for me lately.

killer fisher

« Reply #587 on: September 18, 2011, 06:50:08 PM »

[img]https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=54d5fd40cc&view=att&th=13271281ddb6faf2&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1380092140595445760-1&zw/img]

Sinaran

« Reply #588 on: September 18, 2011, 07:08:46 PM »

fished derby reach from 12 to 3 with no result (fish were rolling consistently thoug).  about 25 other fishermen along the shore, only two fish caught in two hours........
when the school of fish was rolling n splashing in front of me, i threw everything i had at them but they didnt show any interest at all.  picky fishes eh!:-(
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #589 on: September 18, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »

fished derby reach from 12 to 3 with no result (fish were rolling consistently thoug).  about 25 other fishermen along the shore, only two fish caught in two hours........
when the school of fish was rolling n splashing in front of me, i threw everything i had at them but they didnt show any interest at all.  picky fishes eh!:-(

You went all the way to Derby Reach for pinks?? Must be getting desperate! ;D ;D ;D

It is a rather peaceful evening in Richmond...

RiverRunner

« Reply #590 on: September 18, 2011, 07:15:40 PM »

I fished it a few days back and It was the same. Not sure what is is about this spot but the fish don't want to bite. Seems like they were out a little far compared to where I could cast my gear.

salmonsushi

« Reply #591 on: September 18, 2011, 08:06:23 PM »

Just fished at 5rd Richmond from 6-8pm. LOTS of fish jumping. Almost one fish jumps every second when the tide started coming in. No kidding. BUT, no one caught any fish. There were 5 of us in that area. No one hook onto anything. Apparently the fish don't want to bite  ???

ktt

« Reply #592 on: September 18, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »

Just fished at 5rd Richmond from 6-8pm. LOTS of fish jumping. Almost one fish jumps every second when the tide started coming in. No kidding. BUT, no one caught any fish. There were 5 of us in that area. No one hook onto anything. Apparently the fish don't want to bite  ???
I was there (a little further west) with my son from 3:10 to 4:30, no bite or riser, however, the man next to me hooked two and landed one. We went back at 5:20 with my daughter and fishing until 7:00, hook one but lost and had one small hit for the whole period. :(

freddy2596

• I'm an my friend....
« Reply #593 on: September 18, 2011, 09:36:05 PM »

I understand the need to feel the tug of a fish....Having said that, you must learn from your time spent on the river, this post is 40 plus pages in length and people still talk about how slow it is. Pay close attention to the tides instead of the internet, don't change location because you read that it is better down stream or up(they must pass at some time), pay your dues and you will be rewarded.
Having said all that crap, 4 hours on the water....6 fish to the hand......to many lost to count......no pink.......no problem, three sturgeoan (way more fun by the way biggest being a shade over 6 feet), four ice cold bevredges(the ice was for the fish but we did not keep any), most importent, no rain....an epic afternoon.all in the Port Mann area...5 mins from home

Fred.

Ryan.maccie

« Reply #594 on: September 18, 2011, 09:53:49 PM »

fished delta from 2:00-sunset tonight, landed 2... Otherwise nothing compaired to yesturday when i couldnt keep them off the hook, guy beside us hooked up with a couple, and one that thought it was an acrobat, turned out to be a nice little 5-6lb HOE that he landed, out of safty as soon as he netted it, i gave him a "Are you sure that is a pink?" before he did anything with the fish, at that point, it was released..

Saw a guy put a fish on, a float setup, looked like a float, with a piece of finger lead and a fly, that was really cool to watch! I am going to have to give that a go..

Sinaran

« Reply #595 on: September 18, 2011, 10:56:16 PM »

You went all the way to Derby Reach for pinks?? Must be getting desperate! ;D ;D ;D

It is a rather peaceful evening in Richmond...
yeah, gave it a try while on my way back from the Vedder.  now i figured out why i couldn't connect with a fish today at derby reach..... i was missing my secret weapon... the "rod's special" !!   ;D ;D   only two left though!!
other than pinks, i could only connect with one old jack spring(released) at the vedder this morning, float-fished with roe along the canal.   Clarity was about a foot and half this morning in the rain. 
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

HKSR

« Reply #596 on: September 19, 2011, 12:22:26 PM »

Any decent spots close to New West?

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #597 on: September 19, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »

Yep!

HKSR

« Reply #598 on: September 19, 2011, 01:05:01 PM »

Yep!

Thanks!  I'll try that location  ::)

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #599 on: September 19, 2011, 01:10:54 PM »

It's a vague question.

There are a lot of spots close to New West.

There are decent spots in New West. 

The search function on this site as well as google earth will answer your question in more detail in 10 mins or less.