Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 260002 times)

greese30

Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2011, 01:54:10 PM »

another 3 pinkys near mission today... like the increase.

ICA

« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »

Went out on Monday morning and limited out on pinks within two hours. They were really bright, almost looking like a Sockeye, and even the males have not developed a hump. They all had sea lice on them too. Never caught Pinks this fresh, other than those from the salt chuck. Another week or so and the river will be full of them.

noobfisher

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »

Went out on Monday morning and limited out on pinks within two hours. They were really bright, almost looking like a Sockeye, and even the males have not developed a hump. They all had sea lice on them too. Never caught Pinks this fresh, other than those from the salt chuck. Another week or so and the river will be full of them.

You fishing from shore or on a boat?  I've been out all week and no luck so far on the lower fraser.

James

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2011, 04:44:17 PM »

I am heading to Kilby Park tomorrow ... hopefully ...

Does any one know what the water levels are like at Kilby Park ?

I am going to be throwing metal , chucking roe/wool from shore ...

Thanks !

tfishy

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2011, 05:39:15 PM »

was out commercial fishing yesterday and we were getting quite a few pinks in our nets and they are pretty big..doesn't look very likely that there would be another opening for commercial so give it a couple days and I think they will be here.  This weekend the tides are looking good for fish to move in.  good luck!

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2011, 05:44:15 PM »

HAJIFSDHASIFHAHDIA FART FART FART!!!

I have a baseball tournement I got thrown into last minute for Friday and Saturday AT THE LEAST. Possible Sunday. Looks like by the time Im able to hit some water they will be here in full force. But please dont take them all! I want to get AT LEAST ONE. Just to pay back the past 3 weeks of trying 2-3 times a week with no bites. From what I read, if I cant catch a pink, I should just give up fishing eh?
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2011, 07:38:45 PM »

On thing I am curious about is whether it makes any difference fishing the North or South side of the Fraser North Arm.  Do the pinks favor one side over the other?   The reason I ask is so much of the North side of the North arm is used up by Logging whereas there appears to be lots of nice easy and pleasant public access along the South Side.

..and Yes, Yes..I know many of you would advise me to find out for myself which I will do so that answer doesn't interest me.  What does interest me is why there were no people fishing that side during the previous season in spite of the easy access.    

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2011, 07:41:24 PM »

On thing I am curious about is whether it makes any difference fishing the North or South side of the Fraser North Arm.  Do the pinks favor one side over the other?   The reason I ask is so much of the North side of the North arm is used up by Logging whereas there appears to be lots of nice easy and pleasant public access along the South Side.

..and Yes, Yes..I know many of you would advise me to find out for myself which I will do so that answer doesn't interest me.  What does interest me is why there were no people fishing that side during the previous season in spite of the easy access.    

Yeah, I guess you will know by the end of the season, as I suspect no one is going to give you an honest answer (do you sense the bitterness in my tone?)
Not all those who wander are lost

Nitroholic

« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2011, 08:45:55 PM »

tons stacked at the mouth

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2011, 09:21:32 PM »

Both north and south sides will produce. I have friends who fish the north side and catch fish successfully. Access is the main challenge as you pointed out.

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2011, 09:49:26 PM »

Now that the Portman area is a big construction site what would be the closest productive spot to fish the Fraser in the Tri Cities area? I'm not looking for exact locations or access points  just wondering where the people go fishing the Fraser in this pink season. I want to take my 7-yr old for his first salmon experience. Appreciate the help...

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2011, 09:53:36 PM »

Now that the Portman area is a big construction site what would be the closest productive spot to fish the Fraser in the Tri Cities area? I'm not looking for exact locations or access points  just wondering where the people go fishing the Fraser in this pink season. I want to take my 7-yr old for his first salmon experience. Appreciate the help...

Good Luck
Not all those who wander are lost

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2011, 10:13:27 PM »

http://maps.google.ca/maps

49.223697,-122.816581

49.226165,-122.795448

49.217956,-122.892533

I have absolutely no clue if these spots are decent. But Ive found 3 or 4 different bars and spots to fish at from just google mapping, and then heading out and driving and checking them out. Turns out, my favourite of the bunch is a spot where a guy that works at Berrys fishes. Met him there, and he ended up giving me another couple locations to head to. As well, other fishermen have been quite helpful even if not giving out exact locations, but simply ideas of where to look and what to look for. Which makes me wonder why some are so unwilling to help others if even with some advice for finding your own. Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish, you know.

And from what Ive been told if youre shooting for pinks, "Just hit water, and you'll get em!"
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2011, 10:22:51 PM »

Thanks, DanJohn. I've been fishing the Fraser from Richmond all the way up to the Fraser Canyon area for almost 19 years and I'm pretty familiar with most of the bars/spots in the tidal zone. I know where to go and fish for pinks if it's only myself fishing the river but I don't like to take a young kid with me to places that either requires wading or is polluted by a bunch of crackies, if you know what I mean  ;)

Thanks again and happy fishing everyone.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2011, 11:41:04 PM »

Anywhere that you can access the river is a good spot.  I would like to post the names of the 10 best spots on the lower river to fish that everyone knows, simply to draw MORE attention to them.  Thus leaving the dozens of other spots free from the crowds. 

That should simply be a hint to you.  Take a map, and take a drive.  These are not remote logging roads we're talking about.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51