Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 260124 times)

HKSR

Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #600 on: September 19, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »

It's a vague question.

There are a lot of spots close to New West.

There are decent spots in New West. 

The search function on this site as well as google earth will answer your question in more detail in 10 mins or less.

I guess so, but isn't a forum supposed to be more useful than Google?  I search up "New Westminster pink salmon fishing" and get hits all over the place.  If you don't believe me, try it, and within the first 5 pages, I get more info about fishing stores around New West, and general info regarding pink salmon fishing than specific locations in New West that I can actually reach the river without jumping over a fence.  Anyways, sorry I asked.  Thought people would be more helpful.  If my question is too vague, let me rephrase:

What specific locations in New Westminster provides access to the Fraser for pink salmon fishing within 5-10km of Royal Columbian hospital?

RiverRunner

« Reply #601 on: September 19, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »

I usually toss back the males, But this guy was in great shape with a tiny hump. Off to the smoker it goes. Fresh Monday morning.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #602 on: September 19, 2011, 01:41:48 PM »

I usually toss back the males, But this guy was in great shape with a tiny hump. Off to the smoker it goes. Fresh Monday morning.

I'm hoping that's not where you hooked it  ::)

jinyu

« Reply #603 on: September 19, 2011, 01:43:19 PM »

How about 300 metres from Royal Columbia Hospital - Sapperton Landing. Anywhere along the river bank.

HKSR

« Reply #604 on: September 19, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »

How about 300 metres from Royal Columbia Hospital - Sapperton Landing. Anywhere along the river bank.

Thanks for a straight forward response Jinyu :)

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #605 on: September 19, 2011, 01:48:01 PM »

I guess so, but isn't a forum supposed to be more useful than Google?  I search up "New Westminster pink salmon fishing" and get hits all over the place.  If you don't believe me, try it, and within the first 5 pages, I get more info about fishing stores around New West, and general info regarding pink salmon fishing than specific locations in New West that I can actually reach the river without jumping over a fence.  Anyways, sorry I asked.  Thought people would be more helpful.  If my question is too vague, let me rephrase:

What specific locations in New Westminster provides access to the Fraser for pink salmon fishing within 5-10km of Royal Columbian hospital?

Frankly, I find this sense of entitlement from some of you guys to be a bit tiresome.  You were expecting people to be more helpful?  How much more helpful do you expect them to be?  Have you even read this forum?  The fish are all over the place.  Go out and find a spot to fish for yourself.  Don't have time to waste to do that?  Too bad.  I have a day job as well and I spend my fair share of time looking for places on my own.  IMHO, I think too much about locations have been posted already.  This forum is a wealth of info with regards to where to fish, how to fish, what to use etc..  Some of the more experienced have taken the time to post advice on how to cure roe, what type of gear to use, and the type of water to fish.  Heck they have even offered advice on how to cook the d**n things!  For you to say that we should be more helpful is pretty selfish if you ask me.  Spend less time on the computer and more time on the water.

RiverRunner

« Reply #606 on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:30 PM »

I'm hoping that's not where you hooked it  ::)

The lure is obviously laying on top of the cleaned fish.  :-*

HKSR

« Reply #607 on: September 19, 2011, 01:56:18 PM »

Frankly, I find this sense of entitlement from some of you guys to be a bit tiresome.  You were expecting people to be more helpful?  How much more helpful do you expect them to be?  Have you even read this forum?  The fish are all over the place.  Go out and find a spot to fish for yourself.  Don't have time to waste to do that?  Too bad.  I have a day job as well and I spend my fair share of time looking for places on my own.  IMHO, I think too much about locations have been posted already.  This forum is a wealth of info with regards to where to fish, how to fish, what to use etc..  Some of the more experienced have taken the time to post advice on how to cure roe, what type of gear to use, and the type of water to fish.  Heck they have even offered advice on how to cook the d**n things!  For you to say that we should be more helpful is pretty selfish if you ask me.  Spend less time on the computer and more time on the water.

There's no sense of entitlement here, but with the time it takes to type a reply with no information, you would be better off not replying at all.  I'm sure Jinyu spent all of 25 seconds typing a useful response.  Not everyone knows specific names of places.  I've heard of Sapperton Landing, but had NO idea it was in New Westminster.  I do a search for New Westminster here and I get information such as "Tried fishing in New West today, 4 on the hook, 2 lost, 2 landed", or "nothing jumping in New West today, not like last week".  I think experienced members need to be a little more tolerant when it comes to finding fishing locations by municipality.  

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #608 on: September 19, 2011, 02:07:07 PM »

The reason why I responded was your attitude towards the members of this forum when you didn't get an answer you wanted to hear.  Otherwise I wouldn't have wasted my time posting a reply.  For all the time you spent on the internet trolling for directions, you could have gone down there yourself to look for a spot.  Is it really that hard?  No sense of entitlement?  really?  Read your posts again and tell me thats not true.

HKSR

« Reply #609 on: September 19, 2011, 02:14:46 PM »

There's no sense of entitlement, there's only a question.  If days went by and I received no responses, then so be it.  You don't get an answer unless you ask the question.  I think I'm a reasonable person, and also a helpful one.  I have a lot of expertise in other areas of life where I readily hand out information even if the question has been asked before.  As the years go by, and I become more experienced, I'll be sure to answer the "rookie" questions so you won't need to be impatient with them.  If/when that time comes, and I'm being as impatient as you are, you can rightfully send a message my way to point out my ignorance. 

roseph

« Reply #610 on: September 19, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »

there should be a sticky note on every fishing forum that says 'don't ask for or name specific locations anywhere on this site'.  It's sort of an unwritten rule that unless you've been around for a while, you wouldn't understand the need for. 

To say it for the 4 billionth time, a number of great spots have been 'ruined' because of people posting them on the internet.  So rookies take note and use your feet to find a spot like the rest of us.  You'll find it's a lot more rewarding that way anyway.

HKSR

« Reply #611 on: September 19, 2011, 02:28:35 PM »

there should be a sticky note on every fishing forum that says 'don't ask for or name specific locations anywhere on this site'.  It's sort of an unwritten rule that unless you've been around for a while, you wouldn't understand the need for. 

To say it for the 4 billionth time, a number of great spots have been 'ruined' because of people posting them on the internet.  So rookies take note and use your feet to find a spot like the rest of us.  You'll find it's a lot more rewarding that way anyway.

Thanks Roseph, that makes a lot of sense. 

azafai

« Reply #612 on: September 19, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »

Any decent spots close to New West?

River Road close to Hamilton in Richmond.   That is not a secrete and fishing pink is not steelheading.

HKSR

« Reply #613 on: September 19, 2011, 02:36:53 PM »

River Road close to Hamilton in Richmond.   That is not a secrete and fishing pink is not steelheading.

Thanks Azafai  :)

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #614 on: September 19, 2011, 02:42:16 PM »

I don't think you read my post to you.  I mentioned Google Earth, a map program, I did not mention Googles search engine.

I did however suggest this sites seach engine.  Enter "New Westminster" in the search function on this site..  You have to read the content inside the posts.

Both of these tips will lead you to specific spots but might require some of YOUR time and effort.  ;)