Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Fraser River pink salmon have you kept in 2011?

1 - 10
11 - 20
21 - 30
31 - 40
41 - 50
50+

Author Topic: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.  (Read 260255 times)

HKSR

Re: Fishing pinks on the fraser this year.
« Reply #615 on: September 19, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »

I don't think you read my post to you.  I mentioned Google Earth, a map program, I did not mention Googles search engine.

I did however suggest this sites seach engine.  Enter "New Westminster" in the search function on this site..  You have to read the content inside the posts.

Both of these tips will lead you to specific spots but might require some of YOUR time and effort.  ;)

Thanks cutthroat22, no worries, I'm on it  ;)  And yes, I'll be walking around Sapperton likely tomorrow or Wednesday after work hehe.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #616 on: September 19, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »

Frasershore Park was slow this morning. I talked to 1 of the 2 guys I saw there during lunch and neither saw anything and get anything.  Has anyone caught any pinks at this location?  The bottom is really snaggy so I don't know how you can present your lure low enough to where the fish are without it getting snagged.

samw

« Reply #617 on: September 19, 2011, 03:13:18 PM »

There's no sense of entitlement, there's only a question.  If days went by and I received no responses, then so be it.  You don't get an answer unless you ask the question.  I think I'm a reasonable person, and also a helpful one.  I have a lot of expertise in other areas of life where I readily hand out information even if the question has been asked before.  As the years go by, and I become more experienced, I'll be sure to answer the "rookie" questions so you won't need to be impatient with them.  If/when that time comes, and I'm being as impatient as you are, you can rightfully send a message my way to point out my ignorance.  

It is OK for anyone to ask "where" questions.
It is OK for anyone to answer the above "where" questions.
It is also OK for anyone to not answer the above "where" questions.
If you don't get the answer that you are looking for and reply with a statement such as "Anyways, sorry I asked.  Thought people would be more helpful.", it sounds condescending and will rub people the wrong way.
I also agree that an answer such as "find out for yourself" is not helpful as a first response but is expected if it is in response to condescending posts.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:17:48 PM by samw »

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #618 on: September 19, 2011, 03:16:21 PM »

was out this afternoon between 1-2:30 on dyke in Richmond with no sign of fish. Did see commercial boats rolling by..

Beautifull afternoon to be out :)
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

drock31

« Reply #619 on: September 19, 2011, 03:32:20 PM »

Go explore! The reward of finding your own spot will be very rewarding. Remember to many guys go to the same spots and don't want to post them on the net and have them get overcrowded

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #620 on: September 19, 2011, 03:35:04 PM »

Whoa!  This kind of blew up after a few comments.

First off, my response was simply tongue in cheek... yes, I was being a bit sassy because you set yourself up for it!  :)  But I'm always more than willing to help someone else out.  You have to realize that sometimes helping someone else out involves ensuring they learn to help themselves. (ie. the old "figure it out yourself" mantra that - believe it or not - is true!)

I have no problem with anyone asking for location information, etc.  But to get upset when no one serves it up on a silver platter after a short amount of time is both rude and rather entitled, I would agree with Stratocaster.  Would you like us to pick out a lure for you and tie it onto the end of your line as well?  ;)

The location mentioned above is where everyone goes, but you might be SOL when it comes to parking as people giving out information has made the small parking lot VERY busy.

Good luck.
Tex
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:37:46 PM by Tex »

jizza

« Reply #621 on: September 19, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »

was out today not as many fish as few days earlier but their still there. managed to hook about 9.

HKSR

« Reply #622 on: September 19, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »

Whoa!  This kind of blew up after a few comments.

First off, my response was simply tongue in cheek... yes, I was being a bit sassy because you set yourself up for it!  :)  But I'm always more than willing to help someone else out.  You have to realize that sometimes helping someone else out involves ensuring they learn to help themselves. (ie. the old "figure it out yourself" mantra that - believe it or not - is true!)

I have no problem with anyone asking for location information, etc.  But to get upset when no one serves it up on a silver platter after a short amount of time is both rude and rather entitled, I would agree with Stratocaster.  Would you like us to pick out a lure for you and tie it onto the end of your line as well?  ;)

The location mentioned above is where everyone goes, but you might be SOL when it comes to parking as people giving out information has made the small parking lot VERY busy.

Good luck.
Tex

Yeah, it did blow up, but y'know what?  I'm not the type to hold a grudge.  Water under the bridge so-to-speak.  I see how giving out location information can be very troublesome, so I see where you guys are coming from.  With that said, I hope you guys see where I'm coming from as well.  Anyways, no need to go on about it anymore, I'm sure most of us are mature individuals in here (as opposed to some forums I've been to), so let's all just get out there, and catch some fish :)

Mr. Iban

« Reply #623 on: September 19, 2011, 03:54:44 PM »

This looks like a good place in New West

49°12'7.98"N

122°54'23.13"W

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #624 on: September 19, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »

I found my own little hole in delta. And although not being given out, is by no means a secret. But all I did was google earth somewhere close to home, write down 4 or 5 spots and went exploring. 3 were closed to construction, one private property 2 are great and one I still haven't been to yet. google earth can help you tons and it feels good taking a fish from your spot. Mix that with a lure or rig you made yourself and you really feel like a fisherman. And if it's popular people who are there often get to know you, and will share other spots with you. Rod does a great job for someone starting out, but theres lots out there, and if you are in it for the sport and not the meat, you will learn in time. I've only ben at it for a few months, and this forum has been great for A LOT of info, but I have still learned more being on the water. Whether on my own our from others, experience beats book learning any day of the week. Don't take this site TOO seriously, and just go out and enjoy the weather, the adventure, and the planet. Even if it's a bad day, I promise you it will be interesting!
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #625 on: September 19, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »

Anyone ever catch any Pinks at the Burnaby Foreshore Park? I live close and Im thinking about going after school tomorrow.

Thanks

noobfisher

« Reply #626 on: September 19, 2011, 08:20:08 PM »

:)

noobfisher

« Reply #627 on: September 19, 2011, 08:21:19 PM »

I usually toss back the males, But this guy was in great shape with a tiny hump. Off to the smoker it goes. Fresh Monday morning.

did you foul hook that pink?

heliox

« Reply #628 on: September 19, 2011, 08:31:37 PM »

Went out with my 73 yr old mom today, she loves to fish as much as I do. She landed one lost 2 and I caught 3 lost 2 in a few hours. we have been fishing the same spot for about 18 years and we always get something during the pink run. I'll tell you it's in Delta.
It's fun to give the fish away to those who love to eat them (and who aren't quite as lucky as we were).

Anyone notice that the females are much more feisty than the males?? Both of the females I caught were jumping and running, and way harder to land than the males we caught... great fun!

Also, where we fish, the high tide is not the best time, although we seem to catch or have bites just about anytime of the tide cycle.

We had a bald eagle low overhead, watched a seal tearing through a salmon, saw a beat up old spring pass just a few feet away from shore, and watched as huge ship turned in the river right in front of us. All on a sunny beautiful day.. nothing better.

RiverRunner

« Reply #629 on: September 19, 2011, 08:49:17 PM »

did you foul hook that pink?
No, the lure was placed on the fish just for the photo. Thanks for your concern.