Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, September 2nd 2011  (Read 2023 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Tidal Fraser River, September 2nd 2011
« on: September 02, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »

We gave it another go this morning after last night's small success. Fish Assassin was already at it when we arrived and a few fish were rising. We didn't see a huge push of fish throughout the morning, but once awhile a small school of fish would move through. I missed a couple of fish at first, then took a break. While both FA and I were chatting away without our lures in the water, Nina showed us how it's done by bringing in a male. I then missed another one not long after. Overall, a slow but relaxing morning to start the long weekend. :) Perhaps tonight will be a different story. ;D

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
Re: Tidal Fraser River, September 2nd 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:24:15 PM »

While both FA and I were chatting away without our lures in the water, Nina showed us how it's done by bringing in a male.

Well, I'll grant you she IS pretty, but didn't you find that a bit disrespectful, Rod?  I mean, didn't you get jealous?  ;)

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 01:47:52 PM »

Nice work Rod (Nina)!  That gives me some hope that I won't get skunked this weekend like I have the past 2 weekends!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:07:07 PM »

Well, I'll grant you she IS pretty, but didn't you find that a bit disrespectful, Rod?  I mean, didn't you get jealous?  ;)

What can I do? I take my eyes off her and next thing you know... ;D I blame it on Fish Assassin, for distracting me so I couldn't keep my eyes on her. ;D

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 02:37:43 PM »

Fished Brownsville Bar from 9:30-11 today. It was very packed - only spots available were well under the bridge.
Visibility was mabye 6 inches, but there was minimal floating debris.
I saw two guys with fish and while I was there two fish were foul hooked. I was pleased to see that both were released.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »

What can I do? I take my eyes off her and next thing you know... ;D I blame it on Fish Assassin, for distracting me so I couldn't keep my eyes on her. ;D

Don't worry Rodney, I was keeping my eyes on her. ;D

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 04:32:56 PM »

LOL - nice job Rod!  Wasn't Nina outfishing you when I saw you a couple of weeks ago?   ;) ;) ;)

noobfisher

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »

Fished Brownsville Bar from 9:30-11 today. It was very packed - only spots available were well under the bridge.
Visibility was mabye 6 inches, but there was minimal floating debris.
I saw two guys with fish and while I was there two fish were foul hooked. I was pleased to see that both were released.

Good to see anglers following the rules and being ethical :)

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »

Just got Back, started at 3 on low tide. Fished for 4 hours, between my Grandfather, Dad and myself we hooked 7 fish but only landed two. Fishing is still spotty but improving, clarity is also slowly getting better as well. Good luck :)
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 09:34:12 PM »

Casually fished from 4:30pm to 8pm tonight near the bridges.  Fish started to roll intermittently after my Dad showed up around 5:30pm, but quite far out for the most part.  Not long after that, I missed a bite.  My Dad followed that up with a nice cutthroat, and then half an hour later he tied into a nice buck pink.  Lost it at our feet, but it was fun to finally see one on the line!

Nothing after that until the light got low and I got hungry for a late dinner.
:D
Tex

oldkawi

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 09:39:13 PM »

Fished from 6 to 8 tonight on South Arm.  Lot's of people tonight but I personally did not see anything caught.  I tried different colors again and the usual pink with white but no luck for me tonight....again!!    Clarity was really poor and did not see a lot of fish rolling.  If the pinks are building up at the mouth it must be anyday now when some serious numbers head up......I hope.  haha.  Will try again tomorrow.

stokie

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 10:19:20 AM »

Got my first of the year last night.  Vis was poor (less than a foot).  Some rollers out about 20-50 feet and a lot of folks fishing but I was the only lucky one in the hour I was there.

Good luck out there folks, it should only get better.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 11:47:08 AM »

LOL - nice job Rod!  Wasn't Nina outfishing you when I saw you a couple of weeks ago?   ;) ;) ;)

Last time I was behind the camera more than I was fishing. This time I was fishing. Those are my excuses. ;D

Don't worry Rodney, I was keeping my eyes on her. ;D

:o

Went out again last night. It was awesome.

An awesome night of casting practice that was.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:48:41 AM by Rodney »