Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, September 9th 2011  (Read 1773 times)

Sandy

• Old Timer
Tidal Fraser River, September 9th 2011
« on: September 09, 2011, 09:51:33 AM »

escaped for an hour or two this morning, south POCO dialing in my switch Echo 81010, sort of duck and duck more, but getting there. Spent the last couple of minutes chucking a "rod" spoon, second cast and almost at my feet tug, at my feet gone, suspect foul hooked. back home for meds and absorbine on my shoulders.     
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

anorden

Re: Tidal Fraser River, September 9th 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »

Plenty of fishermen packing up in the Deas Island car park tonight. Barely any fish though, and the guys packing up didnt look like the catch and release sort either! I had a nice doe and short line release a really humpy male, both hooked within 5 minutes of each other. The other 4 hours were dead.

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 10:11:47 PM »

After taking yesterday off because my arms are starting to get sore (and because I couldn't get away from work), I made sure to catch the high slack tide tonight from 5:30 - 7:15ish.  Got 3 more (2 females and 1 male) and lost a 4th shortly after I got to my spot.  Didn't see that many fish rise or jump at all compared to earlier in the week - but it was still a productive outing.  I've fished every day since last Saturday (except for yesterday) and I've caught fish every time (and lost many more).  This has by far been my best/most productive pink season ever - what a blast!!

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 10:38:15 PM »

Agreed with most here.  I have fished 5-6 days out of the last 10.  This was by far the slowest.  I was at a westerly part of the river for two hours this morning at about 10 am to noon.  Only one foul hooked while I was there by a guy chucking a very large large croc. ???, not surprised.  Looked like he was chucking a piece of a car out there.

So I moved slightly east of that spot 10 minutes drive or so up river.  8-10 people fishing and from all accounts quiet, as relayed to my by the other regulars.  "only a couple caught today" says one lifer.

I fluke out and get a CHROMER of a female, in my hour of fishing time a this spot, on a pink Blue Fox after losing my favourite Apex and money in the bank jig I had.  So although I was happy to get her, it didn't come without a cost.

This thing was SO bright that I thought it was a Ho.  Its funny, my brain played tricks on me.  I was there with my Dad and GF at the time, and I was thinking, great, I finally got one for the BBQ tonight, followed by, oh SNAP a Ho this is AWESOME, then thinking, CRAP I gotta let it go, followed by gentle playing it to my feet to tail it for release, before seeing it was a pink, so then I start yelling at my Dad to NET THE BLOODY THING! lol.

But yeah, slowest day of the last two weeks on the river for sure.  So few jumping.  The calm before the storm, or a quick season?  Who knows.

Even the Black dude with the green Ford Windstar Van that must have 100+ pinks in his freezer right now wasn't catching any.  If he wasn't getting any, you know it was tough out there.

shi man oh man

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:46:46 AM »

100 in the freezer? haha gross, in a month they will all taste like the inside of the freezer ;D

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 11:12:05 AM »

Probably more than that.  Or he has a VERY large family with big appetites.  If the DFO doesn't get him, karma sure will.

small_fish

• Hi!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 11:23:03 AM »

After taking yesterday off because my arms are starting to get sore (and because I couldn't get away from work), I made sure to catch the high slack tide tonight from 5:30 - 7:15ish.  Got 3 more (2 females and 1 male) and lost a 4th shortly after I got to my spot.  Didn't see that many fish rise or jump at all compared to earlier in the week - but it was still a productive outing.  I've fished every day since last Saturday (except for yesterday) and I've caught fish every time (and lost many more).  This has by far been my best/most productive pink season ever - what a blast!!

Are you fishing in richmond?

noobfisher

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 03:47:34 PM »

Probably more than that.  Or he has a VERY large family with big appetites.  If the DFO doesn't get him, karma sure will.

Get his license plate and report him to DFO.  Even better snap a photograph of him fishing and report him to DFO if he's taking more than he's legally allowed.