Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, September 10th 2011  (Read 1729 times)

fishseeker

• Old Timer
Tidal Fraser River, September 10th 2011
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:32:45 AM »

I decided to get up early this morning to give it a go and got to a spot in New West area around 6am as the sun was rising.    My experience was much the same as it has been this whole season - very quiet for long stretches with a few periods of action as small schools move through.

There was about 15 minutes just before 7am I got into two of them only to have them slip me as I was reaching for the net - after that nothing.   The other fishermen nearby were not getting into anything.  Not sure if I was doing anything significantly different - I have been doing a bit better on spinners this year but that could just be because I have been fishing them a bit more.

Good luck today.   

Taboo

Re: Tidal Fraser River, September 10th 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »

Had a few hours again today to kill...DEAD was the word of the day.  Handful of fish caught by A LOT of guys chucking metal...  The Stealhead run...errr Pink run...is proving elusive.  ;)

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:40:01 PM »

Tried again tonight with my nephew and I have to say the same - DEAD.   Tomorrow's another day.

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:42:49 PM »

for the first time in a week, I got skunked.  Absolutely no fish to be seen!  The water was pretty calm this evening too, but there were no fish.  If that commercial opening is still going on tomorrow, might not even bother going out if its going to be like today was!

ejeffrey

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 09:27:52 PM »

Commercial opening is extended to Tuesday  :'(

noobfisher

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 09:56:21 PM »

I was out today, beyond slow, didn't even see any risers .. I'm gonna wait til the commercial openings are done .... will have to find other plans tomorrow unfortunately :(

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 08:16:44 AM »

The commercial openings break up the schools pretty good so the ones that get through are scattered about in the lower tidal portion.
They tend to start schooling up again (re-grouping)  farther up river (Maple Ridge and beyond).

Truecast

• I think I'm Snagged
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »

Also got skunked on saturday evening. Hooked lightly into a couple and quickly lost them. Only one fish seen landed. Same spot I went to on thursday where we had a fish on every 5 - 10 minutes and everyone around was landing fish. South point of Mcmillan island.
As soon as I can afford to go fishing everyday, it's time to retire.