Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, September 11th 2011  (Read 4965 times)

small_fish

• Hi!
Re: Tidal Fraser River, September 11th 2011
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »

Have most of the pinks already gone up river or is there more to come? and when does the season usually end for lower fraser

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 03:39:09 PM »

Get out there and keep plugging away.  Thats the best way to know.

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 03:48:34 PM »

Commercial seiners extended to friday.

gofishon

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 04:23:53 PM »

Ouch! I saw that Friday's notice FN0873 said there would be discussions early this week to extend the seiners past Tuesday, but is it official now? With the troll and seine fisheries still going in Area 29 and the Pink run size lowered to 16 million, I hope there will be a few around for everyone to enjoy...on light tackle and not from a store shelf or freezer. ???

small_fish

• Hi!
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 04:32:43 PM »

>:( thats just great news....

gofishon

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 04:33:34 PM »

Well, within 5 minutes of my last post..it is official! Notice FN0879 just announced an upgrade of Pink run size to 17.5 million, but an extension of the seine fishery until at least Sept. 16 and the troll fishery open until further notice. Too bad, so sad. :(

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 04:49:22 PM »

Jimmy Pattison should be happy :-X

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 08:02:09 PM »

The sad part is that the rivers will be missing all that bio-mass from the carcasses to keep all the rivers healthy. Fisheries spends so much moneyto collect broad stock for egg takes only to allow commercial fleets to rape and pillage the rivers, just sad and it just pisses me off. I get so frustrated seeing what happens as I put in so many hours doing broad stock and egg collection only to see the rivers getting fewer and fewer fish back but the commercial fleet taking more and more.  >:( :'(

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

ktt

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 09:23:31 PM »

Tried a spot (lower Fraser) that I had never been to try to fish this pink season, from 2:30 to 4:00, there was constantly some odd rollers every 2 to 3 minutes, they were within the margin of cast distance, I had tried all colours but no bites, when I had to leave at 4:00 to pick my daughter, three were landed (not me ) by the nine people there, the odd risers were still continuing. Anyway, it is the best result I have come across since last Wed.

gofishon

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 09:30:40 AM »

That's 1 in 3 odds. Not good for a Pink year. However, its not over yet. At least you're encouraged by the catch rate compared to your previous efforts. Keep it up, stay positive, and good luck. ;D

anorden

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 09:47:35 AM »

The sad part is that the rivers will be missing all that bio-mass from the carcasses to keep all the rivers healthy. Fisheries spends so much moneyto collect broad stock for egg takes only to allow commercial fleets to rape and pillage the rivers, just sad and it just pisses me off. I get so frustrated seeing what happens as I put in so many hours doing broad stock and egg collection only to see the rivers getting fewer and fewer fish back but the commercial fleet taking more and more.  >:( :'(

What would piss you off even more is if you knew how much DFO collects from commercial licenses every year (province wide, less than $2 million, compared to about $6 million for saltwater recreational fishers) then compare that to how much they spend on hatcheries (about $30 million - and that doesnt include the self funded ones like Seymour). And all the commercials ever do is ask for more fish quota but complain they cant afford to pay any more license fees! Now thats what I call frustrating too!!

gofishon

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 10:07:26 AM »

I just know how much happier I am to open up my wallet and fork out $_ _ , _ _ _ .00 ( undisclosed as my wife may read this!) annually for all it takes to catch a fish ( 4X4, boat, motor, insurance, licenses, gas, gear, tackle, food, ferries, accommodation, maps, guide, etc. etc. etc.) than I am to pay $0.99 for a can of salmon on special from Jimmy Pattison! ::)