Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: salmon spawning place  (Read 2193 times)

frozensalmon

salmon spawning place
« on: September 26, 2011, 11:33:43 PM »

Hi

does anyone know where will most of the salmon enter from Fraser river will spawn eventually ?   far from hope?
more coho, more coho... ::)

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
Re: salmon spawning place
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 11:52:06 PM »

Riverbeds
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 12:06:44 AM »

Their home river

mzmann

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 07:44:49 AM »

to name just a very small few....chehalis, harrison, thompson, shuswap, adams, vedder.....and about a thousand other creeks, and rivers from mouth of the fraser/ocean up to 6 or 700 km inland.....I hope this narrowed it down for you lol ;D ;)........on the same note if you are looking for somewhere to go to see them in good numbers spawning and witness quite an amazing site then I recommend heading down to the Adams river by Chase as it is a truly spectacular sight there to watch them.....mind you this year is not going to be anywhere near as good as last as they peak runs there are every 4 years and last years was the largest there in over 100yrs apparently....was literally a river of red!....i'm sure there are other places closer to hope that you can see this as well just maybe not as prolific and as well I am not as familiar with that area so someone else would have to answer that part better for you!  :)
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 09:09:47 AM »

Lol @ "their home rivers."

Hey man if you want to see a bunch of fish spawning, head out to harrison mills, just past the chehalis hatchery. There are a good number of spawning salmon there to be observed. It's quite spectacular if you've never seen it. The peak time for seeing the most fish [they see sockeye, pink, and chum salmon] is October 15th. You can find detailed directions here: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/sep-pmvs/projects-projets/weaver/weaver-eng.htm

Also, there are a bunch of pinks spawning in squamish. If you go to brackendale you can also see lots of bald eagles as well around this time of year feeding on the salmon.

Bring the camera!

hope this helps

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »

Grab a rubber dingy and go find out.

mzmann

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 10:12:05 AM »

Grab a rubber dingy and go find out.
^^^ good way to get someone killed....should someone take it seriously and actually attempt going out on the fraser in a rubber dinghy! :o
Wishin I was fishin!! :)