Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave River, October 9th 2011  (Read 5354 times)

Easywater

• Old Timer
Re: Stave River, October 9th 2011
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 09:49:38 PM »

I know of one bear who got into a few coho very silently the other day short floating roe, in between the upper and lower circus's

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 08:41:06 PM »

Some of the sh*t I saw on the stave today boggles the mind! And it's not even the weekend yet

poper

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 09:13:04 PM »

I check out the stave today, lots of boots being caught, lots of people kicking field goals with there catch.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 09:24:07 PM »

Saw some clown bottom bouncing with what appeared to be a tennis ball sized weight, not sure what it was but every few minutes I would hear this big "PLOP"

The insane thing is, in the area I was fishing, I was the only one catching fish, biting ones at that. There's always a few good people fishing at the stave, but there are also some of the worst.

Sam6140

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 12:23:07 AM »

I check out the stave today, lots of boots being caught, lots of people kicking field goals with there catch.

What exactly do you mean by kicking field goals?  Are they kicking the fish??   I would kick their my buddy if I saw someone doing that.  That's just wrong, abusive, disrespectful, and borderline psychotic.

My following opinion is probably going to far, but if this gets worse out on these rivers, I feel they should just close them all together to Salmon fishing.  I don't fish for them, because I feel that they need to be left alone to spawn.  I have respect for our salmon, I guess.   Plus they are relatively hard to catch, as they're not interesting in feeding.  And I especially don't see the point in catching old Salmon that will soon die.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 01:27:42 AM »

What exactly do you mean by kicking field goals?  Are they kicking the fish??   I would kick their *** if I saw someone doing that.  That's just wrong, abusive, disrespectful, and borderline psychotic.

Wouldn't kicking someones my friend for kicking a fish be wrong, abusive, disrespectful, and borderline psychotic as well?

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 01:46:08 AM »

Wouldn't kicking someones *** for kicking a fish be wrong, abusive, disrespectful, and borderline psychotic as well?

its actually illegal to intentionally mistreat fish. not sure what it falls under, but i read it somewhere. getting in to fights seems extreme thouogh

azafai

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 08:45:21 AM »

Wouldn't kicking someones *** for kicking a fish be wrong, abusive, disrespectful, and borderline psychotic as well?

exactly, I also always wonder to find any difference there.
There are always better ways to approach those ignorant people and showing even worse ignorance is one option.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:47:39 AM by azafai »

Sam6140

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 12:17:46 PM »

geezzz... I was exaggerating.   Someone kicks a fish should kick a swift kick in the @ SS.   So what.   

Sam6140

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »

no.  How's it wrong? How's it abusive? How's it disrespectful?  How's it psychotic?  If you saw someone kicking a dog, you wouldn't react?   I guess not.  You think it's ok to be selective of which animals can be abused by humans?  It doesn't matter whether it's a bird, fish, cat, dog, deer, bear, or whatever.  Another living thing is another living thing.  And no person has the right to inflict pain, abuse, and mistreatment on a defenseless creature.

ICA

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 12:29:08 PM »

In my humble estimate, I think people who kick fish back into the river deserve what comes to them, short of bodily harm of course. I can never understand why some people inflict more suffering on the fish they hooked as though they have some kind of vendetta against the caught fish. However, I don't think it is an irreversible situation as some people are simply doing it out of ignorance and possibly could be taught. 

westform

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 02:57:08 PM »

Personally I didn't see anyone kicking the fish in the river today but I was on the bank with most of the guide boats, which Im assuming know better. It was a gret day though, I probably caught about 15 fish, including a couple does that had spawned out already. Great day out, just really foggy in the morning driving up the river.

steelie-slayer

• catch and release
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 07:32:56 PM »

just wait another week or so till the rivers around are loaded with chum youll see them being booted back in or thrown in an dragged way up bank and kicked in killing them or being picked up by the gills for a hero shot with a moldy snagged salmon
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

Sam6140

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »

just wait another week or so till the rivers around are loaded with chum youll see them being booted back in or thrown in an dragged way up bank and kicked in killing them or being picked up by the gills for a hero shot with a moldy snagged salmon

Wow...that's unreal.  I've never been by rivers during these peak fishing times to witness all this behavior.  I've heard lots though.  I can't believe people do that.  Exactly...moldy Salmon...leave them alone already people!  Ugh I'm disturbed and kind of mad now.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:04:04 PM by Sam6140 »