Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harrison River, October 15th 2011  (Read 1272 times)

Driller

• Keeping it real.
Harrison River, October 15th 2011
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »

Had a great day today.  First light launched at Kilby, headed r up the ole Harrison.  Found a nice little pocket to target pinks early in the morning.  Tried something new later on in the morning.  Used some plugs, and flat fish, and tried back trolling.  Only did two passes of a nice looking zone then pulled over to take a leak.  Fired out a few casts, saw fish moving.  Hooked a nice spring, had to follow it down with the boat.  We estimated 25 pounds.  Total fish landed,  4 pinks, 3 adult Springs, 2 jack springs..... and lost a nice coho at the beach.
Saw a number of guys flossing, but all of our fish were caught on spoons.  They were hitting them hard!

Tried an hour for sturgeon just below the hwy 7 bridge with no luck.  Saw a small 3 footer caught.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Harrison River, October 15th 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 12:25:15 AM »

Not sure what the dog is thinking.lol

Nice fish.

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 04:46:07 AM »

Nice pic! Refreshing change from reading bout the Vedder all the time.Thanks for sharing.Warms the heart on a cold morning in Fort Mac.

Sinaran

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:02:01 AM »

you've got nice playoff beard!
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Driller

• Keeping it real.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 07:39:28 AM »

I forgot to mention, we did see a few flosses, but I was was quite impressed with the amount of fly fisherman we saw, and guys short floating. Much different than other gong shows.  What a nice time.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Weatherby

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 08:42:31 AM »

Me and a friend hit the Harrison yesterday. Lots of fishing rising....one hole was loaded with fish..but nothing would take.we tried floating roe,jigs,blades and wool.Seen a 4-5 sturgeon caught further up river.At the end of the day we went down to where the Harrison comes into the fraser. Nothing was working until my friend threw out a colorado blade under a float and had a coho hit it right away.The fish was lost when he started admiring it and gave it to much slack :D.