Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, October 18th 2011  (Read 1574 times)

Dr. Backlash

Tidal Fraser River, October 18th 2011
« on: October 18, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »

Caught the high tide this afternoon - there were fish everywhere, but they weren't into biting my presentations.  Managed to get 1 big hatchery buck (probably 10 -12 lbs) on a homemade black spinner, and an 8 - 10lb hatchery doe on a pink Croc Spoon.  I also got a smaller bull trout on an orange home made spinner.  All fish were taken 1 - 2 hours after high tide.  I took a photo with my blackberry but not sure how to post - oh well.  What an awesome day! 

clujalolo

Re: Tidal Fraser River, October 18th 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 04:46:23 PM »

where did u fish today? i was in the tidal fraser but in XXX area. Caught a red hatchery coho early this morning on a spoon. also saw 2 other people that came in had 2 cast caught a fish and left. I also caught mine on the first cast with the spoon on. (FIrst coho every for me!!)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 04:51:33 PM by clujalolo »

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 07:07:50 PM »

where did u fish today? i was in the tidal fraser but in XXX area. Caught a red hatchery coho early this morning on a spoon. also saw 2 other people that came in had 2 cast caught a fish and left. I also caught mine on the first cast with the spoon on. (FIrst coho every for me!!)
When you say red do you mean the coho has coloured up in spawning colours? Haven't seen that in the lower Fraser before.

Fished from 10am to 12ish, very slow and no action for me.
Saw one fish roll the entire time out there. Would have liked to have stayed out to fish as the tide turned but had other obligations.
But at least I was able to have a great day on the vedder a couple days ago.

clujalolo

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »

Yes it was pretty colored up, i was quite surprised. 

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 08:22:12 PM »

This morning we had planned to hit the Vedder but I woke up with a cold, so plan B was to do a quickie in Richmond. We didn't start until 10am, which was a bit later than I had liked because the bites seem to have come on around 3 hours before high tide lately. Once we started, the bites came on pretty fast. Coho jacks were plentiful. A few were caught by others and me. We ended the trip at 1pm. I managed to bring in three jacks and one bull trout. While no adult coho were caught, it seems like this has been an excellent season for them from what other anglers have been saying. One thing I am sure of is that there are way more coho jacks this season than previous years. Today there were actually coho jacks jumping around at times, which is something that I rarely see down here. Quite a few chum salmon were also rolling when the tide peaked, which was a very good sign. Hopefully this is actually just the beginning, not the peak, of the season.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 08:25:40 PM »

This morning we had planned to hit the Vedder but I woke up with a cold, so plan B was to do a quickie in Richmond. We didn't start until 10am, which was a bit later than I had liked because the bites seem to have come on around 3 hours before high tide lately. Once we started, the bites came on pretty fast. Coho jacks were plentiful. A few were caught by others and me. We ended the trip at 1pm. I managed to bring in three jacks and one bull trout. While no adult coho were caught, it seems like this has been an excellent season for them from what other anglers have been saying. One thing I am sure of is that there are way more coho jacks this season than previous years. Today there were actually coho jacks jumping around at times, which is something that I rarely see down here. Quite a few chum salmon were also rolling when the tide peaked, which was a very good sign. Hopefully this is actually just the beginning, not the peak, of the season.
Season now over on the Vedder again this year Rod?  ;D ;D Actually it never started for me. ::) :o

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 08:26:29 PM »

Season now over on the Vedder again this year Rod?  ;D ;D Actually it never started for me. ::) :o

No way, going to rest up for a couple of days so we can come and guide you to where the fish are. ;D ;D ;D Oh wait, you're going hunting... :'(