Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, October 12th, 13th, 16th & 17th 2011  (Read 1278 times)

NiceFish

• Old Timer
Chilliwack River, October 12th, 13th, 16th & 17th 2011
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:52:40 PM »

I had a few days off last week.

Wednesday - 12 October.

Started in the lower region of the Vedder. Connected with 3 fish, lost them all. Decided to give the Stave River a go around 10 am. Ended up finding no chum there, however, a small pocket of Coho. Hooked up with 4 in about a 20 minute span. Retained 1 6lb hatchery buck.

Thursday - 13 October.

Started in middle area of the Vedder. 1st cast yielding a spring which was hell bent to get away and busted off, ended up losing another, and releasing a couple wild coho. Decided to try the stave again, no coho in the holding spot from the day before, got into a couple chromeish chum, which were gently released.

Sunday - 16 October.

Started in middle area of the Vedder, was able to get just the morning to fish as we had just moved into our new place the day before (I have an understanding wife  ;D). First few casts ended up with a 20 pound Red Spring, and within the next half hour, 3 nice coho, and released a few wild, and lost many more.

Monday - 17 October.

Same spot as yesterday, first few casts, into a brute of a fish, after the ensuing battle, a 42", 28" girth, the white whale was brought into hand. Just starting to turn from chrome to grey, still in good eating shape, I decided to retain the beast, the sperm sacks were the size of some of the 3-5 pound coho I had been catching. Next 3 casts, 3 coho brought to the beach, and the limit was reached in a record 32 minutes. (unbelievable)

In the process of our move, I lost the camera though, so I only have a few shotty cell phone pictures of dead fish in poor light to show for my efforts, which I won't bother to post.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, October 12th, 13th, 16th & 17th 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 11:40:36 AM »

Hey nicefish do you work monday? I'm off we should go

NiceFish

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, October 12th, 13th, 16th & 17th 2011
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 12:32:35 PM »

yeah i am back at work monday to friday