Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, October 21st 2011  (Read 2668 times)

Knife

Tidal Fraser River, October 21st 2011
« on: October 22, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »

Thought I would give it another try before the weekend. Same as the other days, it seems I have to snag and loose a spinner before i catch anything. Maybe all the swearing wakes up the fish. Tied on another spinner and next cast I released a 6 lb. wild buck. Over the next hour I released another buck, 2 jacks , and lost three coho. After reading Rod's report I don't feel so bad about lost gear as it happens to us all. I'm fishing during low tide, so there are a lot more chances to snag. Made a mistake and told a friend about my luck and dammed it he didn't bring two other guys there. Cats out of the bag, I'll have to check out some other spots. They did mamage to release 1 wid buck while they were there. Try spin casting or fly fishing some of the popular bars, you might be supprised at your luck. No weight when the tide is low, and add a bit of weight as the tide comes up, or change to a sinking fly line with a weighted fly. Can't get this dam computer to make paragraphs. I'll have to get the wife to show me how, and also how to post pictures. I'm almost 60 and have no love of computers. You would'nt believe how long this took to one finger type. Yes thanks In know youand can make your own spinners, but after 35 years of fly fishing, and thousands of flies I have never learned how to tie my own flies. Shows I'm lazy I guess.

Dr. Backlash

Re: Tidal Fraser River, October 21st 2011
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 12:12:08 PM »

thanks for the report - you kind of went off track there, but good report none the less.  Will give it a go this afternoon on the high tide

Knife

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 01:28:14 PM »

I guess I was trying to get the jump on the critics that can be pretty brutal on this site. Sorry.

Knife

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 05:00:55 PM »

Maybe I sould explain further. I just started posting again, because after a post a few years ago, someone replied that my sentences were to long and I sould have divided it up into proper paragraphs. I'm just trying to be informative and possibly entertaining,but that turned me off posting. I am not an ex reporter or english teacher so my posts will probably not improve much even with the wife's help. Just an observation, but when someone else goes on about going for coffee or picking up cans and lost floats,I don't hear people say he is off topic. No offence intended  I do enjoy his posts. Lets not scare off people who are only trying to share their experiences and hard earned knowledge.

ICA

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 05:05:07 PM »

Don't pay any attention to people who are trying to put you down. Just do your best and by the way, I don't think there is anything wrong with your posting. Keep practicing and you'll get better at it....just like fishing!  ;D

noobfisher

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »

I enjoyed your post.   :)

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 05:57:10 PM »

Maybe I sould explain further. I just started posting again, because after a post a few years ago, someone replied that my sentences were to long and I sould have divided it up into proper paragraphs. I'm just trying to be informative and possibly entertaining,but that turned me off posting. I am not an ex reporter or english teacher so my posts will probably not improve much even with the wife's help. Just an observation, but when someone else goes on about going for coffee or picking up cans and lost floats,I don't hear people say he is off topic. No offence intended  I do enjoy his posts. Lets not scare off people who are only trying to share their experiences and hard earned knowledge.

keep posting , I am pretty well in the same boat as you. made my feelings pretty plain about there opinions.

oops, their.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

jacked55

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 06:53:53 PM »

my $.02, if people on here spent a little more time respecting peoples different abilities of posting experiences rather than jumping right on them to criticize every little spelling error or grammar error, everyone would be enjoying the wealth of information this site really does have to offer noobies like me.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 06:59:01 PM »

personally I enjoy your posts
thanks for sharing

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 07:03:11 PM »

I second what the others are sayin.  Keep making the effort!  They turned me off as well... I rarely post nowadays.  So i know how you feel.  Thanks for the report tho!! :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

azafai

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »

this is not a grammar or language class.  
keep posting.
the majority enjoy and appreciate them.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 01:57:05 AM »

Great report except you forgot to include the GPS coordinates to your productive coho spot. :)

To make paragraphs simply press the "Enter" key and it will drop you down to the next line. The "Enter" key is located  3 spots over from "L".

Knife

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 10:27:46 AM »

Thanks for the support and the needed advice. If I get out this week I'll let you know.

66TWH

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 11:22:44 AM »

I have no problem reading thru grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes. The points are well enough defined to get the story 99% of the time.
If you have that kind of fishing experience behind you - I could care less how its written and just enjoy peoples experiences. If you are worried about criticism then hit the spell check button and ward off the obvious. 
Good to here a bit more about the Tidal Fraser and has been overshadowed alot by Chiiliwack/Vedder for sure. I will just add a bit for my experience last week to also show that there are opportunities closer in the west valley rather than east for those of us who live here and hate the drive.
Oct 11 - hit an area that I work occasionally at this time of year when the tide conicides with my work schedule. I unfortunately don't have alot of time running my own business so its a quick couple hr shot at the end of the day and 10 minutes away. I have not even dusted off the expensive C-Pin outfit and the level wind unit this season but opted to use the $40 dollar spinning rod that worked a few pinks around in Sept. The Oct 4 th week prior i went out two times with only one cutthroat to hand but last week was laughable. Tues. - 3 coho 6-8lbs and 4 jacks, Wed - 4 coho 6-8 lbs and 3 jacks, Thurs - 5 coho 6-8 lbs and 3 jacks, Fri. 4 jacks. 
All on one style spinner and one small splitshot. I say laughable because this spot in so inconspicuous that no one fishes it and have it all to myself. I only asked my nephew to come down later in week to enjoy this opportunity because it never lasts long.
Another note that is good to see given conservation and regulations in the ocean was that every fish was wild ........ 25 of them !! The bank of this spot is perfect as well, brought right to edge in deeper water without running them up on mud or rocks and all happily released without touching them with nothing but the tip of a pair of pliers. 
So there are places out there where time and effort pay off sometimes. The tides will turn back in my favour this week and will see what it holds again.