Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Break in  (Read 21406 times)

jacked55

Re: Vedder Break in
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2011, 03:15:10 PM »

99% of the time a police officer in that situation would just laugh and not waste their time. the beating you gave him is way worse than if they were to arrest him and much less paper work. Plus, sometimes people forget, but cops are just like us to. They know what goes on in areas, you dont think they wish they could just beat the cupcakes outta some of the pieces of cupcakes they run into? You guys have no idea how much it pisses you off when you catch someone breaking the law, respond, catch them red handed, risk your personal safety arresting the sometimes strung out junkies with nothing to lose, all to just have a judge say," you are a victim of your social surroundings. Time served, no fine, no further jail time." It makes you think what the hell am i doing my job for when these bleeding hart judges just left these scumbags off scott-free to break the law, over and over again until one day when they have amassed enough petty charges or the media catches wind of their previous offence records and the public demands action, a judge actually does something about it and gives him the Canadian justice system allowance, of 30 days in remand. Our law system is a joke. It is set up so that good law abiding citizens are forced to either sit idly by becoming victims of property crime and assaults, or they can get fed up and take matters into your own hands.
Not saying i recommend it, but if you do, just remember, and this is a fact, as long as you don't pummel the cupcakes out of the guy you catch, no cop in his right mind is going to take any action against you. In fact, they will most likely not even bother coming out, because they know what you did to him is much more deserving than anything they can do. It is truly sad when our government forces us to re-act this way to petty crime.

purplehelmet

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »

Well said...
It's NOT good for the smoker!

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2011, 01:39:24 PM »

One thing I havent seen mentioned here is, do not leave anything valuble in your viehicle and keep it locked.In all the yrs ive parked alongside the Vedder to fish,only once was i broken into because i was dumb enough to leave a spare rod/reel in my truck.Since then i leave nothing of value in my truck.Thieves are looking for something of value in a quick smash and dash.Cheers

Preliator

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2011, 02:30:37 PM »

One thing I havent seen mentioned here is, do not leave anything valuble in your viehicle and keep it locked.In all the yrs ive parked alongside the Vedder to fish,only once was i broken into because i was dumb enough to leave a spare rod/reel in my truck.Since then i leave nothing of value in my truck.Thieves are looking for something of value in a quick smash and dash.Cheers

Nothing beats a thief better than not having anything available to steal.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2011, 03:15:36 PM »

Nothing beats a thief better than not having anything available to steal.
I'll try to remember that for come upance next time I have to deal with deductable for a smashed window, the cleaning up of the broken glass, the wasted time at the glass shop, the long, windy drive home...
That'll teach 'em.

Don't leave anything visible but that won't neccessarily stop anything.

Just be aware and .........
do what you have to do.
911, big sticks,.......... ;)

wizard

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2011, 05:02:07 PM »

By far my worst experience was having to literally watch theifs walk over to my vehicle, scope it out and then break the window (rolley lake 8 years ago)...watched it all from the lovely confines of my float tube 300 yards off of shore! I just kicked out in my belly boat, see a car pull into the lot, guy stands at front as watchout, another dude picks up a rock and smashes the window, I guess  my yelling at them and my alarm made them work extra quick and they were in and out in literally 15 or 20 seconds....Luckily they couldn't get into my trunk where my over thousand dollar stereo was and they didn't get anything, but man what a kick in the junk that was... I can laugh about it now, but at the time it was about as mad as I've been in my life!

I agree tho best to not leave literally anything visible or at all for theifs or potential theifs in the vehicle.  I've recently gone as far as taking my insurance papers with me and leaving all compartments open with nothing inside at all.  It may not stop all break ins, but atleast I know when I'm out fishing there's nothing for them to take.   Keep in mind all it takes is a receipt or any peice of paper lying around for one of these creatures to wonder what it is and smash a window.  even a couple pennies in the cup holder is asking for it...unfortunately at the end of the day there really is not much we can do about it besides not giving them the opportunity to take something you worked for. Windows can be replaced, sentimental rods,or quipment is much harder to replace. Not to mention personal information theifs can use for identity theif or whatever...

farky

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »

had my front door lock punched out, in the lickman rd parking lot today. nothing was stolen because there was nothing to steal in it oh well it's just frustrating.

Silex-user

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »

What time did the break in occurred Farky? I parked there today at Lickman rd. parking lot. Had no problems.

Silex-user

farky

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2011, 09:49:30 PM »

Some time between 10 and 4.

silex

• VE7SL
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2011, 10:43:01 PM »

Have the RCMP been emplored to put in a bait wagon? ...not that much would happen to them once caught, sadly.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2011, 09:57:17 AM »

Fresh pile of window glass observed on the dyke Saturday afternoon between Keith Wilson Bridge and the Salwein gravel pit.

silex

• VE7SL
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »

Are these douchebags just hitting the lower flow or are they upriver as well?

Carich980

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »

Seems to be mostly Lower, 

farky

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2011, 06:55:46 PM »

This however won't stop me from fishing there anymore, i will just use it as an excuse to ride the old dusty bike.  ;)

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2011, 04:01:02 PM »

Have the RCMP been emplored to put in a bait wagon? ...not that much would happen to them once caught, sadly.

This is what happens when we allow judges to be social engineers. We must demand that we have judges sentence people under very specific guidelines and they are to be held accountable for the results of their actions, as would any other professional. When do you ever see a judges or JP's name and face in the media? we hear lots about the descision but no identity, perhaps if they were seen in the social light ,they would be less likly to be as leanient on the scum. They are our employees!
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!