Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do you do for work?  (Read 30747 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: What do you do for work?
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2011, 12:32:39 PM »

Materials Engineer. I manage a soils testing lab.

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »

Security Consultant I sell things  :)

fyrslyer

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 02:29:55 PM »

Fireman

bcguy

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »

I am a linguist and polyglot, and I work as a full-time language teacher and curriculum developer.
I am also a certified translator with the STIBC (Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia).

SO thats how you learned to whisper to fish so well
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

kid fisherman

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2011, 04:33:49 PM »

Student at bcit taking piping foundation, From their I will get into the oil and gas industry.

gman

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2011, 04:56:51 PM »

Engineering Manager (control systems for sawmills)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2011, 05:18:47 PM »

Retired but build and repair rods, when I'm not fishing

76t7

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2011, 06:01:47 PM »

retired aircanada captain.

drock31

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2011, 07:00:35 PM »

Former retailer for chevron and now I am doing a carpentry apprenticeship with my old man.

hawg hunter

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2011, 07:39:07 PM »

Bank Manager... :-[
Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.  ~Roderick Haig-Brown

arimaBOATER

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2011, 08:01:56 PM »

My present job is Mr Nanny  :o ;D :D ....actually been a pt. time evangelist for ALOT of YRS....but not accepting or set up for donations...worked in saw mills ,drove 48 pass. bus & 15 pass. van , 2 dif psy. gr homes...as activity wkr ..give out meds...house control   (both positions were sleep in the home positions...ok as I was single at the time & got 2 full days off...2 yrs college / some classes sociology & psychology )
& did building cleaning as a sub contractor...talk about get in shape!!!!  145 lbs & fit as a pro boxer at th time...could rope skip 30 minutes a day 5 days wk to boot.
Then was a floor waxer for aprox  9 yrs... Must of did about 250 dif building locations ...re-wax buildings every month/3 months etc...ya name it banks ,big industrial plants ,car repair shops, car dealerships..some with 5 dif alarm pads on & on....

Plus some jobs like on a cattle ranch....tractor & cutting hay...in summer...juvenile gr home...(main duty was cooking....had to be creative in that one believe me...everyone liked the food but gee that was a challenging job as it was kinda "fly by my pants" ...get the cook book out...)

Worked as. Scrambler in a Segram's bottling plant near the NWR/ Braid St / Coq when they needed wkrs for the Christmas buying rush...
WOW ...crazy memories working in that plant ( they shut the plant down after many yrs & opened another bigger plant in USA or whatever????
I was loading the bottling line with empty bottles then they zipped down the line ...filled with alcohol...labels...boxed...on to warehouse to trucks...railway cars...Had to load the scrambler with 4/6/9 bottles at ONE TIME...depending on size of bottles...if a bottle broke...& I had to stop the machine...literally 3 - 4 guys in shirts & ties would come out of no where to hurry ya up ...(clean up the glass) & tell ya to get that line going!!!!!!!!!
At least 3 x wk when punching my card in the time clock...I'd see a wkr. get caught trying to steal a bottle or bottles out....mini bottle in their cowboy boots or big bottle in their lunch container...

But I guess most of yous are not Christians as most are not but yrs ago I too did not fully believe in the Lord ,but after a prayer & feeling the presence of God well that's all it took ...even encountered  an attack from the "evil side"about 5 yrs after becoming a convinced believer.

All that did was make me want to share with others (not arm twist) ...my faith even more....you would be surprised how many in this world who have a real faith...actors sports health field business world everyday folks ..even a fishing tv host on TSN..

But my present job is like I say is Mr Nanny...7 days wk...granny was  99 only 3 wks she passed away before her 100 th Birthday...
....but it was helping her & my still alive senior parents....put it this way...they all would of been in a senior home IF I was not here to help them....from meds bathing cleaning driver cook cleaner laundry shopper bring out the trash/ cut grass  on & on...

Daily I take a break ...to ride bike / walk / etc...but hand out my own self written gospel tract that has a lot of info & links !!! God is real...He can be experienced ...We all need His love & mercy.  Yes God loves us...but we must make th 1st move as He does not want to bully His way into our lives...
Sadly my 86 yr old dad had his 1st stroke ...& has been in hospital since Nov 11. ..but he's doing well !!!! Close one as he could of died.
Visited him everyday. :)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:09:52 PM by A-BOATER »

awurban@msn.com

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2011, 09:25:35 PM »

marine engineer and power engineer

island boy

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2011, 10:06:02 PM »

tire retreader
you kill it, you clean it.

prairiefire

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2011, 10:33:47 PM »

Sheet-fed offset printer/pressman/feeder operator. (9 Years) Got laid off just after Thanksgiving weekend. Oh well S$#* Happens. More time to fish this fall and this winter for that matter. Looking to get back to work. Anyone Hiring??? :D
"Assholes are like opinions, everybody got to have one."-Method Man

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2011, 10:53:16 PM »

Student by day restaurant manager by night!