Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, December 23rd 2011  (Read 4774 times)

scouterjames

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River, December 23rd 2011
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2011, 09:56:07 AM »

A perfect example thread of why many of us simply don't post pics here anymore.... good job guys!

Nice fish Brian!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2011, 10:00:30 AM »

:)

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=28179.0

Brian, nice fish again. I wouldn't worry too much about what has been posted. In a discussion forum such as this, you can gain some useful information, but you can also attract some unwanted comments. After spending some time here, you'll figure out who you should befriend with or who are simply self-centered individuals seeking pleasure by putting others down. Keep the reports coming, for those who haven't been able to get out (like me). ;)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 10:15:20 AM by Rodney »

brownmancheng

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 10:00:49 AM »

Still not understanding what he did wrong here. Correct me if I am missing it but it seems some have taken exception to the fact there is a wild steelhead bleeding? Or is it the picture of the fish bleeding? As far as I know that is just the chance you take while fishing, after all we are ramming a hook into them and dragging them to shore. Is there something he could have do e differently? Probably not short of leaving the hook in but you don't always know a fish will bleed if you remove it. Some seem to be angry it was sent on its way but bleeding or not we are legally obligated to RELEASE all wild steelhead. Did the OP take care with the fish? As far as we can tell yes(kept in the water and revived it before letting go) Maybe some here using lily pads and magical gum drops as these rarely hurt the fish compared to hooks